***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : IT Project Manager with PMP, Cloud/SaaS/PaaS
Location : Dover, DE
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 6 Months
Interview Type : Skype only
Work Status : Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S
Job Type : C2C,C2H, W2
Experience : 8 years
Prefer W2 : U S C/ G C /H1B Transfer/OPT/CPT/H4 EAD and other US work authorization are accepted
The Project Management Specialist (PMS) directs, controls, administers, and manages an enhancement or development of small to medium size project(s). The Project Management Specialist is the individual ultimately responsible for all aspects of projects. The Project Management Specialist’s primary responsibility is to drive the entire project/program from start to finish. The Project Management Specialist must ensure that the project/program is completed on schedule and that the final product meets the business needs, as well as all State and technical standards and policies.
This role also includes, but is not limited to, additional skills that involve completing comprehensive business requirements, understanding technical needs of a business, familiarity of various current technical platform and technologies, orchestrating technical moves related to facility relocations, and testing of all deliverables.
Years of Relevant Experience: 7+ years
Preferred Education: 4 year college degree
- Accountable for the approval and sign-off of the project plan with customer representatives, such as portfolio managers, and all affected program stakeholders.
- Accountable for management of scope for the project and gaining agreement and approval of scope changes with customer representatives and affected stakeholders via the prescribed process.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and customer representatives.
- Direct all project planning tasks and scheduling design work.
- Manage, and track the project progress against the project plan.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all project -related issues and resolution of issues.
- Identify, track, and update issues for a project.
- Coordinate and present proposals to agencies as necessary.
- Identify and manage project risk and develops risk mitigation strategies, and tracks to closure.
- Manages project budget and adjust and revise estimates when necessary.
- Anticipate issues and proactively address them. Resolve conflicts with sensitivity and tact.
- Coordinate the adherence to State and technical standards and project specific procedures with project teams.
- •Responsible for the capture and reporting of required project management metrics.
- Responsible to complete, update and baseline all project templates.
- Develop and facilitate achievement of project service commitments and performance metrics.
- Ensure that tasks provide value and support the strategic direction of the project and meet service commitments; conduct reviews with project team.
- Effectively manage all tasks and project schedules to ensure projects are delivered in accordance with customer timelines.
- Accountable for the final project management evaluation review with stakeholders for approval upon program completion.
- Communicate effectively with customers and vendors supporting the State as appropriate.
- Balance workload with project members’ capacity.
- Communicate to team members how their work assignments relate to and help achieve project objectives.
- Plan and schedule project specific training and orientation needs.
- Responsible for the creation and coordination of test plans and testing to ensure the project is meeting the requirements and business needs.
Please also note that this is an RTH position, where the State of DE would like to consider hiring any employable contractors sometime after 6 months of the engagement. There is no fee for this conversion and it is strictly based on State of Delaware timetables.
The position is anticipated that this position could run longer than the end date of this requisition.
While this position is a remote position currently, it is possible to require that the candidate work on-site.
Required / Desired Skills
- Formal IT Technical Project Management (Primary Skill)
Required 7 Years
- Prior experience managing in excess of 3 projects simultaneously
Required 2 Years
- Business Analysis – Prior experience completing BRDs
Required 2 Years
- Excellent verbal and written communications
4 Year Degree
- Experience with managing Cloud/SaaS/PaaS Solutions
Highly desired 1 Years
- Formal Experience Working as A Project Manager within a PMO
Highly desired 7 Years
- MS Project/Planview
Highly desired 3 Years
- System Migration and Infrastructure experience
Highly desired 2 Years
- Active PMP Certification (please provide below)
****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus******
Apply here or Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: Project Management,Cloud/SaaS/PaaS,PMP Certification
Pay Rate: DOE/If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 6 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 2691
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S