***Direct Client Requirement ****
Title: Senior Java Developer/Architect
Location: Polk County, Iowa
Duration: 12 Months
Interview Type: Skype
Work Status: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Job Type: C2C,C2H ,W2
Experience: 15 YEARS
The Applications Architect (AA) is the functional expert for an application, a defined set of applications or a portfolio of related applications.
Iowa Workforce Development is a state agency committed to providing unemployment insurance services for individual job seekers and employers. The IWD IT Division develops and maintains applications that serve our customers. We are looking for a Java Developer with experience in building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications. The individual will be part of a talented software team that works on mission-critical applications using Agile methodologies.
• Understand technology requirements by studying organization mission, goals, and business drivers; conferring with executives
• Identify, research and evaluate innovative emerging technology to improve organizational capabilities
• Test proofs of concepts using new technology to determine relevance to organizational needs and evangelize the use of new technology solutions to drive necessary changes and optimization efforts
• Consult with development, security, and infrastructure staff to ensure adoption of new technology solutions
• Design strategy to migrate from legacy applications and implement business functions in modern/new-gen technology
• Conduct code reviews; design implementation plans and defines technical goals
• Translate complex product and project requirements into innovative technical solutions that can be implemented by the organization
• Coordinate software development activities with the team and provide the necessary guidance
• Ensure compliance with established architectural standards, design patterns, policies and procedures, standards and best practices
• Ensure optimum performance, scalability, and usability of the business services running as components of the overall architecture
• Contribute to high-level project management skills to break down development tasks, estimate effort, manage resources and schedule assignments
• Responsible and accountable for the solution designs to deployment
• Implement Agile methodology and identify process improvements
The ideal candidate will be a leader and a strong team contributor will be eager to learn, be relentless in developing their craft as a software professional, and will find great satisfaction in the patient pursuit of excellence. The candidate will design applications, provide technical oversight, play a role in ensuring the applications are available, secure, scalable, robust, high performing, and cost-effective to serve the staff and end-users.
Apply here or Please send to email@example.com
Position Keywords: java, Jakarta EE, JSF, Struts, JSP, Spring frameworks including Spring Boot, Spring Batc,Code Quality,FindBugs and SONAR
Pay Rate: DOE
Job Duration: 12 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: 629259
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S