**** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Senior COBOL Developer
Location : Atlanta, GA
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 10 Months
Interview Type : Skype or Phone
Job Type : C2C,C2H,W2
Experience : 7 Years
**MUST BE LOCAL TO METRO ATLANTA AREA **
For the 1st week there will be 3 days in the office for training.
For the 2nd week there will be 2 days in the office for training.
After the 2nd week, there will only be the 1 day in the office per week requirement.
Under broad supervision, maintains and troubleshoots computers, servers, peripherals, and/or applications. Implements consistent procedures and standards for general system maintenance in consultation with the Information Systems staff. Converts project specifications into procedure for coding. Enters program codes into computer system. Owns assigned tasks.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field from an accredited college or university AND Three years of system experience in developing or supporting applications.
Specific responsibilities include:
- VSAM to DB2 Conversions.
- Provide design leadership in large or complex development projects with COBOL/CICS expertise involving application development, migrations, and additions to existing applications.
- Participate in project meetings with other technical staff and business owners and subject matter experts
- Work with other leads/architects to define best practices and coding standards. Review application in progress of development to ensure compliance with overall design parameters and corporate development standards
- Assess and develop high level design requirements for project and communicate in writing or in meetings with development team. Assess detailed specifications against design requirements
- Write technical documentation including program specifications, data flow diagrams, etc.
- Guide and mentor less experienced programmers/developers on technical work/issues
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or other related technical discipline.
- 7+ years’ experience in coding mainframe applications using COBOL,CICS, DB2, VSAM
- 5+ years Easytrieve/JCL
- Experience with Java is a plus
- Experience will Dell Transaction Processing Environment/Batch Processing Environment is a plus
- Motivated self-starter – works well independently, but ability to also work well in a team environment
- Demonstrates professional behavior under pressure
- Ability to resolve complex and diverse issues by identifying underlying or hidden problems and patterns
- Clear understanding of end-to-end application delivery in a multi-platform environment (mainframe, client server, web).
- Knowledgeable and experienced in the full Systems Development Life Cycle and Testing Methodologies.
- Comfortable in interacting with staff and management, including Executive levels.
- Must be meticulous in creating high quality, high value deliverables
- Ability to write technical design documentation in clear and understandable fashion
- Possess well developed communication skills – oral, written, listening. Good analytical and negotiation skills, and close attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and stay well organized
- Must have strong collaboration skills
Required / Desired Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field from an accredited college or university
- experience in coding mainframe applications using COBOL,CICS, DB2, VSAM
Required 7 Years
Required 5 Years
Required 5 Years
*****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus*******
PH:470-480-2407 EX 101/ 470-480-2412 EX 103
Apply here or please send to email@example.com
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Pay Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 10 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 3391