**** Direct Client Requirement ****
Title: Senior Business Analyst (Story Author)
Location: Washington, DC
Duration: 12 Months
Interview Type: In-Person only
Work Status: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Job Type: C2C,C2H ,W2,
Experience: 5 YEARS
Seeking a highly motivated Agile Business Analyst (Story Author) who can work closely with the Business team as well as DEV team on an artificial intelligence/machine learning project. Key responsibilities relevant to this project are:
- Facilitate and lead requirements gathering (user story definitions with clear user acceptance criteria in our agile delivery framework) sessions with business/product owners, subject matter experts and technical teams, producing robust documentation on our Microsoft’s Azure DevOps Server (formerly Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Clear documentation of user stories with acceptance criteria with traceability back to features, epics.
- Key contributor as functional point of contact to participate in Programmatic/Product/Backlog planning and grooming sessions and other scrum ceremonies.
- Responsible for analysis and design of business requirements, development, maintenance and operation support, troubleshooting and triaging intake of queries to the right teams.
- Manage overall project requirements, business needs, pain points and areas of process improvement.
The position requires a quality-focused and detail-oriented Business Analyst with a demonstrated track record of providing solutions for high-priority business goals and strategic management decisions. The incumbent should be a skilled troubleshooter and problem solver with the ability to translate business processes and problem statements into requirements. The incumbent must be conversant with all stages of SDLC and be able to deliver results within tight timelines.
Essential Job Functions:
- Interface with the business client to understand business needs and requirements, and to help develop and maintain the client relationship.
- Build stakeholder consensus and ensure everyone is on the same page, in agreement, and can visualize the solution being proposed.
Develop business cases, requirements, use cases, test plans, test strategies, test cases, and operational procedures and plans:
- Document business processes and workflows.
- Craft business cases to evaluate the feasibility of technology initiatives.
- Identify business and functional requirements by working with application end-users, and lead the collection, analysis, documentation, and coordination of those requirements.
- Design and execute test cases for application development and implementation projects.
- Collaborate with IT professionals to determine if solutions currently exist (internally or externally) or whether new solutions are feasible to meet business requirements.
- Leverage rapid prototyping approaches to present as-is/to-be processes/workflows and rough designs of the proposed solution.
- Maintain a comprehensive chronological trail of requirements and agreements and actively contribute to the project change control process. Document and manage issues and actions.
- Provide overall support to ensure the successful design, testing, and implementation of applications that support the business unit, Also, provide support in developing training materials and conducting training.
- Document and manage issues and actions for IT applications and projects.
- Prepare and make presentations using MS PowerPoint and Visio to project stakeholders and management.
- Participate in the evaluation of new products or initiatives to determine the technology support required.
- Evaluate applications and IT environments, and analyze gaps between current and desired states.
- Propose recommendations based on industry best practices.
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Finance.
- Role Specific Experience: 5+ years of relevant technical and business work experience.
- Experience in defining and implementing technology solutions for a major financial institution.
- Extensive experience as a Business Analyst for a large financial institution.
- Extensive experience with implementing a similar system.
- Extensive experience in gathering business requirements and developing functional specifications with special emphasis on use cases, defining test cases, and providing user training and support.
- Extensive experience with various system development lifecycle methodologies and tailoring the artifacts to those methodologies.
- Experience with BPM tools like iGrafix ,PEGA and Cordys is a plus
Certification Requirements: None Specified
Required Skills/ Abilities:
- Strong process analysis skills and ability to suggest improvements for efficiency and effectiveness of solutions based on industry best practices.
- Knowledge of business analysis best practices (such as BABOK) and ability to effectively apply them.
- Advanced knowledge of specific business area, process, workflows, standards, and business practices.
- Proven conceptual, analytical, and judgmental skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate well with all levels, technical as well as non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to work directly with clients and management without supervision and to facilitate and navigate discussions with stakeholders to ensure clarity, prioritization, and consensus.
- Leadership skills and ability to work well with diverse team members, often in multiple locations.
- Ability to work with different points-of-view and lead the team to convergence, while always keeping the project objectives in sight.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Excellent personal organization skills and ability to take things to closure without follow-ups.
Desired Skills/Abilities (not required but a plus):
- Desirable knowledge of VBA, PL/SQL and C++ numerical programming, MS Access, Oracle, and reporting tools such as Crystal Reports.
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence tools.
- Knowledge of ITIL, service, and process management.
- Certificate such as IIBA, ITIL Foundation, etc.
- Knowledge and experience in COTS implementation as BA/BSA on COTS projects.
- Experience with implementing information security processes.
- Experience with an IT Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) tool such as RSAM, Archer.
- Experience in project management.
- Expert knowledge of relevant processes and information systems and databases.
- Expert understanding and knowledge of Bank’s operations and the specifics of records management systems in the institution.
- Expert knowledge of database technology such as Oracle and reporting tools such as Business Objects and Tableau.
Position Keywords: BABOK,Business Objects and Tableau.
Pay Rate: DOE
Job Duration: 12 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: NTT 45
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S