* * Direct Client Requirement *****
Duration: 8 Months
Interview Type:Skype and Phone
Work Status: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Job Type: C2C, C2H,W2,
Experience: 10 YEARS
>9 yrs exp Individuals with successful project management experience limited to projects of small scope, limited risk and complexity and/or of short duration. Individuals at this level will typically be assigned to manage projects under the direction of a State supervisor or manager. Individuals with this level of experience are suitable for small Client Agency projects with clear, achievable outcomes, or in assignment as project support on larger projects. Individuals at this level can also be used to in the capacity of a Project Controller, provided that they can satisfy the basic requirements of that position. Advanced level: Individuals with a mastery of project management skills, qualifications and experience. This individual shall function effectively with very little supervision, while maintaining a high professional standard. They are assigned to extremely complex and/or high risk projects that reflect the highest priorities of state government. These individuals are comfortable working with the highest levels of state government and are able to contribute to the furtherance of the states’ objectives. These individuals have the necessary skills and experience to assist in statewide project portfolio management and/or IT Investment Management.
SEE ATTACHED SOW FOR ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS AND JOB SPECIFICATIONS
- PROJECT/SYSTEM OVERVIEW
Provide staff augmentation support to serve as project manager for organization change work at DAS/BEST to optimize its service delivery model and capability. Support to senior leaders in executing this change requires a knowledgeable resource.
- SCOPE OF WORK
High-level description of the need.
A staff augmentation Project Management resource is required to support change work. The individual will participate in development of the specific project plan and workstreams and be tasked to perform some tasks where internal resources are not available.
Number of Consultants needed, if known in advance.
Target Class, if known in advance.
- SPECIFIC DELIVERABLES TO BE PROVIDED
Minimally, the following should be included:
- Deliverables and Services to be provided by each Consultant – Be specific and concrete.
- Provide the following services as directed:
- Create project management plans.
- Track and coordinate work of multiple teams and individual contributors.
- Manage and develop work products such as issues logs, risk logs, status report documents, meeting agendas and dashboards. Provide draft communications for senior leaders.
- Anticipate and identify project blockers and facilitate their removal.
- Provide the following services as directed:
- Manage and support operation of organization change bodies, such as advisory groups and governance bodies.
- Develop workplans, roadmap documents, and written reports as directed.
- Department’s requirements for status reporting.
- The resource will work directly senior leaders in DAS/BEST who will manage execution of work and take oral reports/status meetings. If circumstances dictate, written reports may be required.
- Documentation required from the Contractor (e.g. reports, manuals, analysis, or other documentation as required by the Department).
- This is a staff augmentation engagement. Work products will likely include project plans, status reports, and meeting agendas.
- Applicable technical standards required by the Department, along with Department policies and procedures.
- Implementation schedule for the Deliverables and Services.
- The initial period of work is anticipated to be from January 2020 through December 2020
- Evaluation, testing and acceptance requirements.
- Support and maintenance obligations, if required.
- REQUIRED CONSULTANT SKILLS/EXPERIENCE
List of required skills and experience – Be specific and concrete.
The desired consultant should have:
- Not less than 15 years of project management experience
- Experience working with large reorganizations
- Experience working in large organizations in the private sector
- ADMINISTRATIVE CONSIDERATIONS
Contract Number Reference:
Start Date: 20 January 2020
End Date: 31 December 2020
Work Schedule: ~40 hours per week
Work Location/Travel Requirements: On site Hartford and remote
State Resources and Oversight (Contract user official or representative from whom supervision shall be received.): POC above
Security/Privacy Considerations: None
Point of Contact (if different from above):
Agency Contact Person’s Name, Title
01/20/2020 – 12/31/2020
Apply here or Please send to email@example.com
Position Keywords: project management
Pay Rate: DOE
Job Duration: 8 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: 55333
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S