***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Certified Product Owner
Location : Denver, CO
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 9 Months
Interview Type : Skype or Phone
Work Status : Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S
Job Type : C2C,C2H, W2
Experience : 5 years
Prefer W2 : U S C/ G C /H1B Transfer/OPT/CPT/H4 EAD and other US work authorization are accepted
The State of Colorado is looking for a strong Product Owner to lead several initiatives to combat the spread of COVID-19. We’re looking for someone who excels at leading cross-functional teams using data-driven decision making, human-centered design, agile methodologies, and modern practices.
We are looking for you if you …
- Have shipped important products.
- Can clearly articulate a compelling product vision.
- Are as comfortable mocking up new ideas and writing user stories as you are demoing in front of an audience.Are excited by the prospect of enriching the lives of your fellow Coloradans.
- Are committed to improving government services by focusing on the people who need them most.
Background on COVID Technology:
As part of the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment’s (CDPHE) COVID Testing and Containment initiative, the COVIDtech team identifies and addresses opportunities for technology to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the State of Colorado’s efforts to detect, measure, and contain the spread of COVID-19. Our projects include partnerships with Google and Apple for an Exposure Notification mobile application, a new case investigation and contract tracing system (which assists the State of Colorado and local public health agency case workers in sharing information and workload), information management solutions for remote community testing sites, and enhancements to the existing CDPHE systems for lab testing and disease detection and containment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary job responsibility: Product Strategy and Development, 75%
- Lead end-to-end product management to enable the delivery of modern services that meet the needs of users.
- Establish the environment necessary to operate as a high-performing, cross-functional team in partnership with stakeholders and vendors.
- Develop and communicate the vision, strategy, and product roadmap.
- Lead end-to-end agile product development with a growth mindset.
- Communicate and collaborate with partners throughout the state to ensure we are enabling their long-term success, managing state requirements, and setting expectations.
- Support team members by helping them clear any challenges they may encounter.
- Help build a cohesive team culture of alignment, trust, empowerment, and collective investment in the success of your products.
- Serve as the interface between the state and any outside vendors.
- Drive open communication regarding the project with the public.
Primary job responsibility: Communication and Mentorship, 25%
Collaborate with vendors, state executive leadership teams, managers within the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE), the Governor’s Office, and the Office of Information Technology (OIT),
Mentor and coach colleagues and partners who are taking on new tasks and roles within design, research, and engineering.
Clearly communicate the value of agile and user-centered methodologies to a wide audience.
Share knowledge, techniques, tools, patterns, and expert advice with colleagues, partners, and the public.
Promote empathy not just for members of the public, but also partners across the government.
Participate in communities of practice throughout the civic tech landscape to promote continuous learning and sharing beyond your role and organization.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Proven ability to deliver digital products and services.
- Proven ability to establish strong, cross-functional relationships across different disciplines and teams.
- At least five years of experience applying product ownership and product research methodology in complex environments.
- At least one year of experience leading teams to drive product initiatives across organizational silos.
- Extensive experience using customer data and user research to drive an organization to become more user-centric.
- Experience working collaboratively with cross-functional teams across the product delivery lifecycle using modern software development practices, while building capacity for innovation.
Degree from a four-year college or university. Equivalent work experience will substitute.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrated expertise in multiple areas of product management (e.g., product roadmaps, user research, product analytics, etc.).
- Strong communication and leadership skills.
- Self-motivated and able to effectively manage time and tasks.
- Ability to solve complex problems creatively, participate in continuous improvement, and adapt to the ideas of others.
- Can thrive in low tech maturity environments.
Product Owner certifications from Scrum.org or Scrum Alliance.
*****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus******
Apply here or Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: Product Owner certifications,Scrum.org or Scrum Alliance,Agile Methodologie
Pay Rate: DOE/If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 8 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S