***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Project Manager (Govt exp)
Location : DesMoines, IA
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 2 Months
Interview Type : Skype only
Job Type : C2C,C2H,W2
Experience : 5+ Years
The Contract/Vendor Manager is responsible for a variety of department tasks associated with the managing and tracking of the internal and external planning and procurement process.
The Contract/Vendor Manager will be responsible for working with external partners and internal business and technology staff in procuring and managing technical software, hardware and professional services. A list of primary responsibilities is listed below:
- Oversees/participates in the systems planning and procurement process; evaluates alternatives and provides hardware/software product samples; consults with customers and prepares specifications and proposals; evaluates proposals, makes recommendations and coordinates the procurement of the required hardware, software or service.
- Directs/coordinates system development, implementation, training and maintenance activities; monitors development projects and reports on activity schedules, progress and performance; evaluates completed systems for documentation and performance.
- Procure Information Technology Related Hardware, Software and Services ensuring applicable guidelines and regulations are followed.
- Receive, review and process all request for DHS. Identify non-standard items requiring approval from DoIT IT Management.
- Utilize approved procurement methods as mandated by State Law and Iowa Administrative Code with all required approvals obtained, processed utilizing the I/3 Procurement system and other acceptable procurement methods.
- Track all requests to ensure timely delivery.
- Work with vendors in regards to after purchase support. Address warranty coverage issues, damaged equipment and maintenance renewals. Contacts requisitioning personnel with the agency to clarify information concerning items to be purchased, approval of substitute items, changes in delivery dates, and to ensure that the price quoted by vendor is satisfactory/reasonable, and funds are available.
- Develops/maintains files of business directories, names of suppliers, contract purchase orders; uses guidelines (e.g., business directories) to determine the availability of supplies from various sources.
- Provides guidance and advice to management or other groups on programmatic, technical, or process-related topics.
- Development/Monitor DoIT Budgets ensuring operation within appropriated funding levels.
- Distribution of cost to all areas of DHS that are corporately shared.
- Review and monitor all corporate expenditure and process financial documents to distribute cost to agency.
- Collaborates with agency management on organization/financial management matters; evaluates/resolves operational problems and prepares supporting justification for equipment, facilities, budget, and staffing; attends management planning/policy-making meetings and provides input.
- Reviews relevant performance data to measure productivity or goal achievement or to identify areas needing cost reductions or program improvement.
- Primary point for vendor(s) contract oversight. Approval of all aspects of vendor pre and post contract implementation.
- Conduct Analysis of ad hoc and scheduled vendor reports to ensure contractual compliance.
- Draft and present ad hoc or schedules performance reports defining project or performance progress, problems, solutions or contingencies.
- Conduct ad hoc and formal vendor oversight meetings
- Develop agenda and expectations for meeting; communicate as required.
- Document decisions and actions to be taken by DoIT and vendor communicate agreements and performance expectation
- Track and monitor contractual compliance requirements – Identify compliance issues in terms of scope, magnitude etc.
- Consult with legal, fiscal and other relevant parties regarding performance issues
- Propose corrective action(s) for review and consideration with DoIT leadership
- Initiate corrective action plans up to and including termination
- Prepare written notice of non-compliance and expectations
- Track and monitor corrective action
- Monitor corrective action plans communicating progress or identifying issues with recommendations for solution.
- Prepare ad hoc and scheduled reports summarizing vendor progress and compliance to a variety of audience’s inclusive or internal staff, Governor’s office, Legislature, and the public
- Prepare or coordinate preparation of report content
- Prepare special reports as assigned
- Serves as contract subject matter expert
- Participate in development of DoIT contract oversight procedures.
- Develop training or provide technical assistance as needed.
- Participate in development of proposed legislation, administrative rules or other policies
- Analyze program(s) issues, program(s) performance, proposed legislation, to provide substantive context for proposed legislation or RFI.
- Research and recommend national best practices for contact oversight process improvement.
- Provide information for the Advanced Planning Documents (APD) as needed.
- Participate in actuarial meetings and other key meetings
- Participate in development of proposed legislation, administrative rules of other policies.
- Provide technical assistance and actively participates in initial and ongoing contract negotiations to assure that state needs are effectively represented. Contract negotiations require significant understanding of programmatic, budgetary and federal/state requirements.
- Draft materials as assigned based on best practice, past performance issues, and evolving state needs or agency direction.
- Provides technical assistance to legal counsel and Division Administrator
- Assist in developing scope of work for RFP
- Participate in procurement: develop or assist in crafting RFP and serve on evaluation teams.
- Analyzes system management processes (availability, change, configuration, problem, project, network and storage management, capacity planning, system performance, data modeling, charge back, service information, disaster recovery and systems security) and evaluates alternatives and potential changes.
- Administers multiple system management processes including the availability/allocation of system storage space, system resources (e.g., network, data, programs, and objects) and system access.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Ability to interact with, educate, learn from, and work with business and IT teams.
- Ability to work effectively under very broad direction with general supervision
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Ability to break down complex tasks into actionable work items, sequenced appropriately
- Excellent organizational, presentation, interpersonal and team building skills
- Excellent time management and project planning/strategizing skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple parallel work efforts
- Track project progress, monitor and modify project schedules and provide status updates to project/management team. Escalate issues to management and/or appropriate leadership as appropriate.
- Other duties or tasks as assigned by management.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize and meet aggressive timelines
- Extensive experience with planning, managing and tracking multiple procurement projects.
- Strong process development skills, w/ the ability to learn and understand concepts in order to interpret, document and formalize procedures.
- Excellent project management skills, w/ the ability to multitask and manage multiple tasks with changing priorities in a cross-functional environment.
- Demonstrated experience working directly with business users and vendors (internal and external).
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize and manage multiple contract procurement and tracking activities simultaneously while meeting established deadlines
- Demonstrate ability to drive leadership requests through to fruition, working with various professional areas and external partners including OCIO and DAS
- Technical contract procurement experience including software, hardware and professional services
- Contract Experience – ability to manage technology contracts
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize and meet aggressive timelines – Required 5 Years
- Extensive experience with planning, managing and tracking multiple procurement projects. – Required 5 Years
- Strong process development skills, w/ the ability to learn and understand concepts in order to interpret, document and formalize procedures – Required 5 Years
- Excellent project management skills, w/ the ability to multitask and manage multiple tasks with changing priorities in a cross-functional environment – Required 5 Years
- Demonstrated experience working directly with business users and vendors (internal and external) – Required 5 Years
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize and manage multiple contract procurement and tracking activities simultaneously while meeting established deadlines – Required 5 Years
- Demonstrate ability to drive leadership requests through to fruition, working with various professional areas and external partners OCIO & DAS – Required 5 Years
- Technical contract procurement experience including software, hardware and professional services – Required 5 Years
- Contract Experience – ability to manage technology contracts – Required 5 Years
- State / Federal Government Appropriations Experience – Desired 3 Years
*****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus******
Apply here or Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: project management,business users and vendors,State / Federal Government
Pay Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 2 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 3012