**** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : IT Project Manager Govt exp
Location : Denver, CO
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 28 Months
Interview Type : Skype or Phone
Job Type : C2C,C2H,W2
Experience : 10 Years
The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize projects according to defined timelines and within the allocated budget. The Project Manager is responsible for ensuring that business and end users are consulted with and their input garnered for the project at hand.
- Responsible for assisting agency executive management, division directors, and information technology (IT) staff and leading project tasks, resources, including State personnel and deliverables.
- Use appropriate project management tools, reports, templates, mentoring, training, and coaching to IT project teams.
- Work directly with agency staff, as well as vendors and, when necessary, other state agencies in fulfilling and carrying out the requirements of assigned IT projects.
Utilize project management best practices, including risk management, quality management, change management, change control and communication.
Manage by providing leadership, collaboration, supervision, training, guidance and support to all IT project team members on assigned projects.
- Lead the effort for ensuring agency compliance with the State’s project management policies and standards.
- Could be a part time individual through next few months until such time as implementation begins.
- This project will include several components of technology to include a foundational document management system, the stand up of a call center, and the build out of a premium and claimant system allowing for collection and disbursement of funds. This individual will be the Project Manager representing CDLE for the technology components, ensuring appropriate integrations of all systems and that the mission is met as designed via vendor engagement/s and the Governor’s Office of Information Technology (OIT).
- The State of Colorado is looking for a strong Project Manager to participate in the delivery of this service who is strong in the governing principles of project management, and is capable of driving Agile methodologies, as well. The ideal Project Manager will excel at communicating, leading cross-functional teams using data-driven decision making, human-centered design, agile methodologies, modern practices and tools.
- Because this is a brand new law and service implementation, the Project Manager is expected to be involved in several key decision making processes, including participation in determining the “how” of the following activities:
- Along side the Policy and Leadership of the Division, work to Define premium rates for both employees and employers in the state of Colorado for Paid Family Medical Leave Insurance (FMLI) in order to understand what has be to implemented
- How to do collection of and tracking of premiums
- Needs for interfacing with claimant population
- Adjudication of claims processing
- Payment of claims processing and tracking
- Appeals processing processing and tracking
- Integrity tracking,
- Reporting outputs and outcomes
- How to best address questions and concerns from claimants via technology
- Selection of technology to meet all needed outcomes
- This will have Waterfall and Agile components of management associated with it as the State is migrating from Waterfall to Agile Delivery. The Project Manager will report to the Director of Business Technology for CDLE.
- Minimum Qualifications, Substitutions, Conditions of Employment & Appeal Rights
- Education and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree AND a minimum of four years of professional experience managing complex technology projects (high integration, experience working with multiple vendors).
- Additional appropriate experience will substitute for the degree requirement on a year-for-year basis. For example, 8 years of professional experience managing complex technology projects would substitute for the required degree and would include the 4 years of required experience.
- Additional appropriate education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis. For example, a Master’s Degree is a field appropriate to the position and related duties, could substitute for up to 2 years of the required experience.
- This individual will need strong Project Management skills
- Solid understanding of Waterfall methodology
- Understand Agile Methodology
- Governance Models
- Must be a strong communicator and facilitator
- Must have strong conflict management skills
- Must have strong team building skills
- Scrum Master or Product Owner Certification
- Agile Experience
- Project Management experience for State of Colorado
- PMP Certification
- Contract negotiation Proficient (4-6 Years)
- IT Communication Specialist
- Project management Advanced (7-9 Years)
*****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus*******
PH:470-480-2407 EX 101/ 470-480-2412 EX 103
Apply here or please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: Project Management,Scrum Master,Product Owner Certification,Agile
Pay Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 28 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 3400