***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : IT Project Manager Govt exp
Location : Des Moines ,IA
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 2 Months
Interview Type : Skype only
Job Type : C2C,C2H,W2
Experience : 8 Years
End date listed on requirement reflects the state fiscal year end. This project will continue.
The Division of Information Technology (DOIT) provides adaptable, secure, and cost-effective technology services and solutions across the Department of Human Services (DHS) Divisions, Partners, and Citizens. We manage all of the DHS’s IT assets, projects, and resources. We deliver technology and expertise to support Citizens of Iowa and their families every day, including consistently providing top-tier performance and value to citizens as a trusted partner and services provider.
DoIT is committed to pursuing creative and innovative solutions that enable our Agency to help Iowans achieve healthy, safe, stable, and self-sufficient lives through the programs and services we provide. We strive for an IT culture that identifies the newest, most effective solutions through discovery, open discussion, and collaboration. We have fun together, care about each other and take pride in the solutions we provide. We believe in continuously optimizing our processes, refining our solutions, and improving ourselves to benefit the Iowans we serve. If you are passionate about applying your creative and innovative architecture strategies and approaches across the Department of Human Services enterprise, then this is the role for you!
The department is seeking a DoIT Project Manager to drive business and technology projects to completion while ensuring adherence to established budgets, business plans, processes, procedures, and requirements while working closely with Business unit personnel, Business Analysts, and Architects.
The project manager will be responsible for adhering to project management governance on multiple current and future projects. Additionally, the PM will be accountable for generating project schedules, identifying/staffing needed resourcing, procuring vendor products/implementation services, and submitting funding requests as required. The PM will manage the delivery efforts and report the status of each to the Executive Steering Committee.
The PM will work with multiple business and platform areas, including Information Technology, Medicaid, Child Welfare, and other areas of the Department of Human Services (DHS), potentially including upper-level state government committees. The Project Manager will conduct project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis, ensuring adherence to quality standards and project deliverables.
The PM will be part of a PMO team responsible for IT project governance, assessment, management, and control. The ability to gather and define requirements; build a project plan; identifying resource needs; and transparent, clear communications across all levels of stakeholders. Essential is the ability to multitask on continually changing and morphing priorities as prescribed by leadership in response to the department and legislative direction.
Specifically, this role will work with internal business and technical staff in implementing a ServiceNow instance. This instance will assist help desk logging, knowledge transfer, self-service, and automation of the workflow for a multitude of other requests and needs aligned to a single ServiceNow portal location. History with ServiceNow implementations is preferred.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Ability to work within a project governance structure (methodology, required templates, and reporting)
- Ability to interact with, educate, learn from, and drive business and IT teams.
- Ability to work effectively under very broad direction with general supervision
- Ability to motivate the team and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Ability to gather and organize multiple simultaneous complex business process scenarios
- Ability to break down complex tasks into actionable work items sequenced appropriately
- Ability to manage scope creep with a focus on delivering a minimum viable product
- Excellent organizational, presentation, interpersonal and team-building skills
- Excellent time management and project planning/strategizing skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated experience with managing client expectations, implementing service improvement initiatives
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple parallel work efforts
- Track project progress, monitor and modify project schedules and provide status updates to the project team. Escalate issues to management and appropriate leadership as appropriate.
- Provide insight and knowledge into improving processes related to portfolio, project, and program management
- Other duties or tasks as assigned by management.
- Direct management of system integration projects – 8 YEARS REQUIRED
- Experience managing stakeholder expectations and priorities – 8 YEARS REQUIRED
- Experience working within a project governance structure (methodology, required templates, and reporting) – 8 YEARS REQUIRED
- Extensive experience with planning, managing, and tracking multiple major impact projects. – 8 YEARS REQUIRED
- Strong process development skills, w/ the ability to learn and understand concepts to interpret, document, and formalize procedures
- Strong process and gap analysis skills – 8 YEARS REQUIRED
- Excellent project management skills, w/ the ability to multitask and manage multiple tasks with changing priorities in a cross-functional environment – 8 YEARS REQUIRED
- Demonstrated experience with working with business users to gather and document business requirements – 6 YEARS REQUIRED
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and project activities simultaneously while meeting established deadlines – 6 YEARS REQUIRED
- Experience with Microsoft Project Online and Team Foundation Server/Visual Studio Team Services – 3 years DESIRED
- State / Federal Government Appropriations Experience –3 years DESIRED
- Working experience with Agile Projects – 3 years DESIRED
- Demonstrated experience with managing client expectations and implementing change management initiatives – 3 years DESIRED
*****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus******
Apply here or Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: Agile Projects,Foundation Server/Visual Studio,State / Federal Government,Project Governance
Pay Rate: DOE/If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 2 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 3083