***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Project Manager (PMP/PMI)
Location : Michigan (Initial Remote)
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 3 Months
Interview Type : Webcam Interview Only
Job Type : C2C,C2H,W2
Experience : 7+ Years
This is a project manager position supporting several state agencies. Remote to begin with and then onsite at a State building. PM is typically assigned multiple projects and will be responsible for delivering projects following EPMO/SUITE processes.
This position is for a Senior Project Manager to lead multiple Information Technology (IT) projects in support of the Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity (LEO), and potentially the MI State Housing Development Authority (MSHDA), and the Attorney General’s Office. As a member of the Project Management Office (PMO), the project manager will follow the State’s SUITE methodology (and required deliverables), and utilize the State’s Project and Portfolio Management (PPM) too, to perform project planning through project closeout.
Advanced experience managing programs of projects, complex projects or multiple projects. Demonstrated and advanced understanding of project management methodologies. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A significant degree of creativity and latitude is required. Works under limited supervision with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Designs, plans, and coordinates work teams. Follows standard project management industry practices such as the PMI’s framework. Understands business and technical objectives of a project and works closely with project sponsor. Creates project charter and work plan and tracks budget and schedule progress via appropriate metrics. Establishes project organization and methodologies and defines roles and responsibilities. Documents risks and develops mitigation plans. Manages scope. Creates and implements a communication plan. Builds an effective team, assigns tasks to team members, and evaluates outcomes. Negotiates resources. Communicates to stakeholders and project sponsor. Identifies, tracks, and ensures resolution of issues and removal of barriers. Provides technical support to project team members. Handles complex application features and technical designs. Designs and implements the components required for complex application features. Generally manages a group of applications system analysts. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Professional certification is highly desirable.
- May require specific PC, workstation, operating system, application or platform skills. Provides overall direction to the formulation, development, implementation, and delivery of a project. Exercises management responsibility over the achievement of performance, revenue, and profit objectives of a project and its contracts. Ensures that the project plan maintains tasks, schedules, estimates, and status, and disseminates information to team members and customers. Creates a structure and organization for the management of a complex environment with emphasis on quality, productivity, and consistency. Directs corrective actions in any area where performance falls below objectives. Arranges for the assignment of responsibility to other supporting facilities, business areas, and support functions, and monitors their performance. Self-directed and independent. Responsible for the coordination and completion of projects. Oversees all aspects of projects. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project. Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project.
The initial project this PM will take on is for Michigan Rehabilitation Services (LEO-MRS). This project requires a PM to oversee an enhancement project that involves major changes to their existing Michigan Business Resource System (MiBRS). This effort will provide Agency staff the ability to more effectively and efficiently serve both client-customers and business customers through reduction of direct and indirect costs, enhanced tracking and reporting of grant applications and awards, and meeting federal, state and department performance objectives. The collection, organization, and ability to search information contained in the system provides for a more coordinated effort in the business community. Additionally, it positions the agency to help the department better achieve performance metrics and objectives, such as 60×30, by connecting talent with training, apprenticeships, career discovery, work-based learning experiences, and job opportunities that meet specific customer qualifications and business needs. This application provides the opportunity for more coordinated services with WIOA core and other strategic partners. By doing so, E&T can create, sustain, and grow long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with the business community. Additionally, the information in the system directly benefits counselors and client-customers in reducing and eliminating employment barriers, expanding career exploration opportunities, and more readily connecting with businesses to obtain employment.
Additional project deployments are pending availability of funding and will include implementation of the Attorney General’s Address Confidentiality Program Act (ACPA), which involves the creation of an online system that survivors of crime can use to keep their personal information secure, in addition to MSHDA’s Mortgage Refinancing project.
Years of Experience:
Minimum 5 years of experience as a Project Manager.
- Solid skills in project management utilizing a formal project management methodology. – Required 7 Years
- Strong leadership and communication skills. – Required 7 Years
- Ability to communicate technical terminology at levels appropriate to the audience both orally and in writing. – Required 7 Years
- Experience in project planning, scheduling, tracking, issue/risk management, and status reporting. – Required 7 Years
- Experience developing Project Charter, Project Communication Plan, Risk/Issue Plan, Resource Plan and definition of budget estimates. – Required 5 Years
- Solid skills in project scheduling utilizing a project scheduling tool such as MS Project. – Required 5 Years
- Experience managing managing infrastructure and application development projects. – Required 2 Years
- Experience managing projects utilizing Agile Scrum. – Required 2 Years
- Experience with PPM tool like Clarity – Desired 5 Years
- Project Management Professional certification from PMI. – Nice to have
- State of Michigan SUITE experience or comparable methodologies. – Nice to have
*****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus******
Apply here or Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: Project management, Project planning, scheduling, Tracking, Issue/risk management, Status reporting, Agile Scrum, PPM, PPI, SUIT
Pay Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 3 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 3069