**** Direct Client Requirement ****
Title: Project Manager
Location: Denver, CO
Duration: 3 Months
Interview Type: Phone or Skype
Work Status: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Job Type: C2C,C2H ,W2,
Experience: 15 YEARS
This position is for a Project Manager to work within the Division of Real Estate (DRE) at the Department of Regulatory Agencies (DORA). At DORA – Consumer Protection is our Mission. The Division of Real Estate (DRE) is responsible for licensing, educating and regulating approximately 93,000 real estate brokers, mortgage loan originators, real estate appraisers, community association managers and HOA’s.
The Division is replacing it’s current Licensing solution and is seeking an IT Project Manager to lead the effort for the Division working alongside the vendor PM.
THE PROJECT MANAGER
- Takes projects from original concept through final implementation by defining project scope and objectives, analyzing project requirements and determining best approach to complete project using existing and/or new approaches, developing detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports, managing the project budget, and developing plans for transition to operations
- Facilitates cross-functional teams within the Division & the Governor’s Office of Information Technology (OIT), customer organizations and vendors
- Manages the integration of vendor tasks and tracks and reviews vendor deliverables
- Collaborates, negotiates and works with others in a matrixed organization
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Day to Day Project Management
- Provides project management and direction to ensure overall success of the large, complex initiative by developing project implementation plans including project business benefit, scope, objectives, schedule, deliverables, and success criteria that support business goals in collaboration with management and project sponsors
- Develops an appropriate implementation plan that focuses on current and future functional performance objectives, total cost of ownership (TCO) and compliance with OIT’s Project Lifecycle Methodology and Enterprise standards
- Develops and maintains knowledge of contract and award/RFP proposal, Legislation terms related to implementation, roll-out and budget. Ensures scope and deliverables from contracted agreement with Vendor, and proposal or related documents are met, on time, and within contracted budget.
- Proactively manages changes in project scope, identifies potential risks, and devises contingency plans
- Determines content of status reports from the project team, troubleshoots problem areas and delivers overall progress reports to senior management
- Conducts project post-mortem assessments and suggests improvement in process or procedures
- Determines what preventive and corrective actions will be taken to bring a project into schedule and budget compliance (how to get a project back on schedule and within budget)
- Decides on best approach to convey and communicate stakeholder requirements and project objectives to appropriate team members, and manages all technical requirements accordingly to realize each for the stakeholder
Provides Budget and Resource Management
- Drafts and submits budget proposals and recommends subsequent budget changes
- Identifies resources and participants needed to achieve project goals
- Communicates and coordinates any approved budget changes with contract and budget personnel before implementation to initiate contractual or budgetary changes required to maintain compliance with fiscal and procurement rules.
- Determines and assesses requests for additional staff and/or contractors and works with outside service providers where needed to complete technology projects
- Negotiates with department managers, when necessary, regarding the support of required personnel to ensure project continuity through completion
Provides Strategic Project Management
- Proactively manages full life-cycle of technology initiatives, including overall project plan, scope, change control, risks, issues, impacts, and reporting through standardization and best practice project implementation
- Promotes the use and adoption of standard Project Lifecycle Methodology (PLM) and supports functional and project managers by providing guidance in the usage of PLM
- Provides status report of contracted deliverables/timelines
Communication and Collaboration
- Coordinates project related activities for cross functional teams
- Collaborates to develop, and appropriately execute, a change strategy, including stakeholder analysis, communication plans, and adoption plans
- Coaches, mentors, and motivates project team members and contractors and influences them to take positive action and accountability for assigned work
- Manages relationships across DRE & OIT, customers and vendors to develop a thorough understanding of core business functions and align project with overall business objectives.
- Manages issues and proactively escalates critical issues for immediate resolution effectively demonstrating decision making, issues management and resolution skills
- Ensures that milestones and deadlines are set and other project team members deliver on those commitments
Other Duties as Assigned
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, SUBSTITUTIONS & CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT & APPEAL RIGHTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Business Management, Information Technology or a related technical field. Fifteen to twenty (15-20) years of relevant work experience may be substituted for degree requirement. Master’s degree preferred.
- Eight (8) years experience that includes a combination of IT and/or IT project management for large, complex projects and/or project portfolio management, which demonstrates strong relationship building and management skills, collaboration, communication, and organizational skills. Experience must also include:
- Using a variety of project management tools and methodologies
- Business processes and mapping of business functions to services
- Defining and executing large, complex technology programs
- Solid understanding of change management and ability to lead and influence cross functional teams and stakeholders.
- Subject matter expert in the program management discipline, including scope, budget, schedule and resource management
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and facilitation skills and a proven track record of communicating at all levels within IT and the business
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS OR EXPERIENCE
- Relevant IT or Lean Certifications which could include ITIL, Scrum, Lean, Six Sigma
- Experience with data migration
- Knowledge of software development methodologies, system implementation and
integration and/or a technical discipline
- Customer service experience
- Matrix organization experience
- Collaboration, negotiation, relationship, and vendor management experience
- Change management experience
- Experience in managing multiple projects with geographically dispersed teams simultaneously
- Experience in working against firm deadlines
- Adaptability in working with a State Agency that is diverse in its project scope from one Agency division to another.
02/24/2020 – 05/22/2020
Apply here or Please send to email@example.com
Position Keywords: Project Lifecycle Methodology and Enterprise standards
Pay Rate: DOE
Job Duration: 3 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: FR76678
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S