***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Oracle Enterprise Database Manager (SQL, Mainframe)
Location : Atlanta, GA
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 12 Months
Interview Type : Either Web Cam or In Person
Job Type : C2C,C2H,W2
Experience : 5+ Years
The DBA Contractor will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of critical database environments to ensure the availability and consistent performance of the Department of Revenue’s applications.
This posting is a contract position. The length of the contract will be 12 months. This position will include after-hours work during the contract period and will be billable at the agreed-upon hourly rate.
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
** Will be REQUIRED onsite**
- Manage Oracle databases through multiple product lifecycle environments from development to mission-critical production systems. Configure and maintain database servers and processes including monitoring system health and performance to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Perform backup and recovery using RMAN to meet the business’s Recovery Point Objectives (RPO) and Recovery Time Objectives (RTO).
- Independently analyze and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end. Determine the most effective way to increase performance including hardware purchases, server configuration changes, and index/query changes. Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Act as a project coordinator for DBA projects by assisting in schedule coordination, issue resolution and tracking timelines.
- Scripting and executing database replication from Production to Non-Production and/or High Availability environments.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field from an accredited college or university AND 10+ years of Information Technology experience working in the generation, installation, and maintenance of Oracle databases. Must have knowledge of Windows platforms and Linux.
- Experience with installation and configuration of Distributed Relational Database Architecture (DRDA) between Mainframe, Oracle, and SQL Server platforms.
- Must have experience with Active Directory, Oracle Advanced Security, RAC and/or other software tools such as Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM).
- Experience configuring, troubleshooting, and deploying IBM Sterling Connect:Direct on Microsoft Windows and/or UNIX platforms. Including knowledge of the Connect:Direct components that interact with user interfaces to submit, execute, and monitor file transfers. Candidate should have a thorough understanding of securing connections between end-users and business partners.
- Knowledge of Oracle appliances, such as ODA and Exadata; experience with recent Oracle software versions (ex. 19c).
- Hands-on experience performing successful database conversions and migrations from Oracle to SQL server and/or Mainframe to Oracle.
- Must be able to act both independently and as a team member. Flexible, “get-it-done” personality. Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams.
- Special consideration will be given to candidates with experience migrating databases to the AWS cloud platform using AWS Database Migration Service (DMS) and EC2.
- Certificate management – installation and configuration of self-signed certificates to meet security protocols.
- Any prior experience/knowledge of state agencies and federal security requirements are a plus.
Candidates selected for contract positions may be subject to pre-employment background check and reference check. Must be US Citizen and/or authorized to work in the United States of America.
All selected applicants for Department of Revenue positions may be subject to a State of Georgia tax records check and a criminal background investigation before final approval to begin work. In addition, the highest level of education indicated on the State of Georgia Application for Employment will be verified.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field from an accredited college or university – Required
- Experience with installation and configuration of Distributed Relational Database Architecture (DRDA) – Required 5 Years
- Active Directory, Oracle Advanced Security, RAC and/or other software tools such as Oracle Enterprise Manager (OEM). – Required 5 Years
- Performance Tuning and Optimization – Required 5 Years
- Configuring, troubleshooting, and deploying IBM Sterling Connect:Direct – Required 5 Years
- Knowledge of Oracle appliances, such as ODA and Exadata – Required 5 Years
- Database conversions and migrations from Oracle to SQL server and/or Mainframe to Oracle – Required 1 Years
- Perform backup and recovery using RMAN – Required 5 Years
- MCDBA certifications are a plus – Not Required
*****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus******
Apply here or Please send to email@example.com
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: computer science, DRDA, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Oracle, SQL server, RMAN, MCDBA
Pay Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 12 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 3057