**** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Oracle DBA administrator
Location : NW Washington, DC
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 12 Months
Interview Type : Skype or Phone
Job Type : W2
Experience : 8 Years
This job position is for Oracle database administrator (Oracle DBA) performing physical infrastructure activities in the Database and Reporting (WR) unit of ITS VPU. The candidate will be responsible for install , configure, patch and maintain Oracle software on Unix environment focusing on Red Hat Linux platform including ASM, RAC, RAC-Dataguard infrastructure setup, Administration and maintenance of Oracle infrastructure services, Oracle database performance management, Assisting development team and logical DBAs in detecting performance problems, Providing backup and restore functionality and Implementing database failover technologies using VCS cluster and following WBG database security standard implementation process for Oracle database environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Install, configure, and maintain Oracle 12c/19c software on Red Hat Linux platform
- Install, configure, and maintain Oracle 12c/19c RAC software on Red Hat Linux platform
- Install configure and maintain Oracle Data Guard in Single Instance and Oracle RAC environment
- Manage the Oracle ASM file system on Red Hat Linux platform
- Tune database parameters for optimal system performance.
- Ensure proper setting of system memory and semaphore system parameters in consultation with system administrators.
- Create and maintain Oracle 12c/19c databases with optimal file layout for data file, rollback, and redo objects.
- Assist developers and logical DBAs in detecting performance problems including analysis of SQL, PL/SQL, and JDBC code.
- Provide continuous monitoring, troubleshooting, historical and real time performance monitoring of the Oracle 11g/12c environments using Oracle Diagnostic and Tuning packs
- Provide backup and restore functions for Oracle 12c/19c databases.
- Implement Database failover technologies using VCS cluster
- Participate in On Call weekly shift supporting off hours and weekend activity. This is rotating assignment shared with other members of the team as necessary
- Follow ITIL processes for incident management, change management and problem management
- Compliance with ISO 20000 and ISO 27001 standard processes.
- Understanding of HIPAA and SOX Oracle compliance and controls
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum education requirement of Bachelors in Computer Science, IT, or STEM field
- 5 – 7 years relevant experience as a DBA in Oracle 12c/19c
• Oracle 12c and 19c certification is required. Relevant experience in remote management of Production database system
- Extensive experience in Oracle RAC
- Experience in operating Oracle in the Cloud is a plus
- Experience with Oracle Exadata is a plus
- Experience as DBA in Oracle 12c/19c in Red Hat Linux using ASM storage and ext3 file systems
- Relevant experience with Oracle RAC in Red Hat Linux platform
- Relevant experience with Oracle ASM file system
- Relevant experience with RMAN for backup and recovery
- Unix Shell Scripting experience is required
- Experience in Oracle Transparent Data encryption
- Relevant experience in use of ITIL processes
- Relevant experience for SOX/ICFR compliance of critical financial systems
Desired Skills/Abilities (not required but a plus):
- Experience in Cloud Control is a plus
- Experience in Oracle LDAP is a plus
- Experience in Oracle Data Guard on PeopleSoft environment is a plus
- Experience in using OEM for job and event management is a plus
- Good Technical Documenting Skills is a plus
- MongoDB administration experience is a big plus
- PostgreSQL administration experience is a big plus
Position Keywords: Oracle 12c/19c,Red Hat Linux platform,of SQL, PL/SQL, JDBC code
Pay Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 12 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services