***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Oracle Database Developer
Location : Boston, MA
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 6 Months
Interview Type : Web Cam Interview Only
Job Type : C2C,C2H,W2
Experience : 8+ Years
Seeking a Oracle Database Developer to improve the ability to successfully certify data collections via the client framework by providing improved backend database processes and platform. The candidate will work with the current database applications, its maintenance and performance improvement at multiple levels. The candidate will collaborate mainly with Client Framework team members on a day to day basis and with other client IT teams if need occurs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze the business requirements and technical specifications to deliver, maintain and troubleshoot the database codes, create and manage database ETL processes for data reporting and analytics.
- Develop the necessary database code and code fixes required to support the applications that process the data submitted by the districts and deploy the code to production system once verified successfully in lower environments.
- Design, develop and maintain system architecture, database objects, packages, processes and functions as required for implementation of new applications using Oracle PL/SQL.
- Implement the required application upgrades and security patches as and when required.
- Perform standard DBA tasks such as creation/modification of Tables/Views/Synonyms/MV/Indexes, etc.
- Maintain legacy batch jobs and handle data extract requests from various external stakeholders.
- Create new Oracle packages to automate the incremental load of business data from legacy system to Oracle tables.
- Analyze database for performance, fine-tuned queries/procedures/packages whenever necessary to optimize the performance of applications.
- Test applications and databases for performance issues. Fine-tune the code/data logic; whenever necessary to optimize the application performance.
- Track, analyze, troubleshoot and monitor production support requests and issues. Perform technical analysis of logic and databases to figure out the root causes for these production issues.
- Evaluate current business processes and provide innovative solutions to improve them through automation.
- Analyze the current technology landscape to identify latest trends to implement process improvement, better application security and reliability.
- Develop technical documentation such as interface design documents, database design documents, technical POCs and other related artifacts as required for various phases of SDLC.
- Document issues and identify patterns in issues for escalation to the Project Manager.
- Work with client team and others as necessary to troubleshoot errors, escalate issues and provide support services.
- Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, MS ACCESS
- Languages: Strong Oracle PL/SQL
- Tools: SQL Developer
- Must be a self-starter with good oral and written communication skills, who works well as part of a team. Must be flexible with the work hours.
- Strong attention to detail and complex problem solving capabilities.
- Strive to continuously build knowledge and skill, and share expertise with others. Must have strong desire to learn and ability to acquire a solid understanding of current and future application architecture and business rules.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and juggle between multiple issues. Knowledge of business system development, management, administration, and problem resolution.
Nice to have:
- Databases: Postgres
- Languages: PostgreSQL, Unix Scripting, MS T-SQL, HTML, Core Java, .Net
- Tools: Toad, Microsoft SSIS, GitHub, SVN
- Others: RTC, JIRA, Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook), SharePoint
- Methodology: Waterfall and Agile
*****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus******
Apply here or Please send to email@example.com
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, MS ACCESS, Oracle PL/SQL
Pay Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 12 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 3078