***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Oracle DB Developer/Architect with Data Warehousing, BI, ETL
Location : Atlanta, GA
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 4 Months
Interview Type : Skype or In Person
Work Status : Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S
Job Type : C2C,C2H,W2
Experience : 12 years
Prefer W2 : U S C/ G C /H1B Transfer/OPT/CPT/H4 EAD and other US work authorization are accepted
The Georgia Dept. of Transportation (GDOT) seeks a Enterprise Data Architect that will develop a detailed knowledge of the underlying data and data products and become the subject matter expert on content, current and potential future uses of data, and the quality and interrelationship between core elements of the data repository and data products.
The Enterprise Data Architect will consult with information technology, data analytics, product creation and development staff to design and implement scripts, programs, databases, software components and analyses that will support product quality and an in depth understanding of potential uses of the data.
The Enterprise Data Architect has business responsibility for determining the information the enterprise will capture, retain and exploit. This individual will possess a combination of business knowledge, technical skills, and people skills to define and guide data strategy. This individual will know how to examine new data system requirements and implement migration models. The ideal candidate will also have proven experience in data analysis and management, with excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Design and implement effective database solutions and models to store and retrieve company data.
- Develop, optimize and oversee our company’s conceptual and logical data Systems.
- Examine and identify database structural necessities by evaluating client operations, applications, and programming.
- Assess database implementation procedures to ensure they comply with internal and external regulations.
- Prepare accurate database design for Management and Executive teams.
- Oversee the migration of data from legacy systems to new solutions.
- Monitor the system performance by performing regular tests, troubleshooting and integrating new features.
- Recommend solutions to improve new and existing database systems.
Specific Areas of Focus Include:
- Performs a key management and thought leadership role in the areas of advanced data techniques, including data modeling, data access, data integration, data visualization, text mining, data discovery, statistical methods, database design and implementation.
- Defines and achieves the strategy roadmap for the enterprise; including data modeling, implementation and data management for our enterprise data warehouse and advanced data analytics systems.
- Responsibilities will include setting the vision, gathering requirements, gaining business consensus, performing vendor and product evaluations, mentoring business and development resources, deliver solutions, training and documentation.
- Establishes standards and guidelines for the design & development, tuning, deployment and maintenance of information, advanced data analytics, and text mining models and physical data persistence technologies.
- Provides leadership in establishing analytic environments required for structured, semi-structured and unstructured data. Proven track record to drive rapid prototyping and design for new projects. Ability to translate broader business initiatives into clear team objectives and concrete individual goals, aligning appropriately with other groups for efficient, coordinated action.
- Defines and implements the strategy roadmap for enterprise data, implementation and data management for new data sources, publicly available data, business-to-business partnerships and advanced Data Analytics systems.
- Draws conclusions and effectively communicates findings with both technical and non-technical team members.
- Works with staff and customers to understand the business requirements and business processes, design Enterprise data warehouse (EDW) schema and define extract-translate-load (ETL) and/or extract-load- translate (ELT) processes for EDW.
- Utilization of advanced data analysis, including statistical analysis, data mining techniques, and use of computational packages such as SAS, R or SPSS.
- Creates discover-access-distill (DAD) strategies to bring significant value data understanding.
- Frames and conducts complex analyses and experiments using various statistical techniques.
- Participates in Business Intelligence projects, and works with analytical group and IT to ensure implementation using both Agile and Waterfall methods.
- Develops specific metrics for quality and consistency reviews of data across clinical procedure code geographic areas.
- Draws conclusions and effectively communicates findings with both technical and non-technical team members, providing active leadership skills across project team and business community.
- Experience in and understanding of a wide variety of analytical processes (governance, measurement, information security, etc.).
- A solid understanding of key BI trends.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Industrial Engineering).
- Advanced degree in Applied Mathematics, Business Analytics, Computer Science or related fields is a plus.
- A minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in a directly related area, during which both professional and management capabilities have been clearly demonstrated.
- Extensive expertise in Oracle and SQLServer database, as well as data modeling, both logical and physical.
- Extensive experience in multidimensional data modeling, such as star schemas, snowflakes, normalized and de-normalized models, handling “slow-changing” dimensions/attributes.
- Extremely strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Outstanding verbal, written and visual presentation skills.
- Proven strong negotiating and consensus building abilities.
- Proven skills to work effectively across internal functional areas in ambiguous situations.
- Structured thinker and effective communicator, comfortable with interacting with customers.
- Ability to work independently, establishing strategic objectives, project plans and milestone goals.
- Extensive experience providing practical direction on information and analytics platforms in conjunction with EDW tools and technologies.
- Experience using with project management, ITIL and SDLC methodologies.
- Solid experience with Data Warehouse and BI systems; extensive experience for collecting business requirements from customers, and transform the requirements into DB data processes and data schema.
- Knowledge of relational SQL databases and SQL in Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server
- Strong math and analytical skills are essential to complete job requirements successfully
- Able to compile and organize statistical information retrieved and present findings to management
- Experience working with sensitive personal information
- Confident in decision making and the ability to explain processes or choices as needed
- Excellent multitasking skills and task management strategies
- Ability to complete milestones and work toward multiple deadlines simultaneously
Required / Desired Skills
- Hands on Oracle DBA experience Required 5 Years
- Hands on Oracle Developer experience Required 9 Years
- Hands on Microsoft SQLServer experience Required 5 Years
- Hands on experience with Oracle 11g or higher version Required 7 Years
- Hands on experience with SQLServer 2014 or higher version Required 5 Years
*****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus******
Apply here or Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: Oracle DBA,Microsoft SQLServer,Oracle 11g or higher,SQLServer 2014
Pay Rate: DOE/If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 4 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 2769
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S