**** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Network Engineer
Location : NW Washington, DC (Must be Local)
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 12 Months
Interview Type : Skype or Phone
Job Type : C2C,C2H,W2
Experience : 8 Years
The Network Engineer is accountable for the delivery of projects, which support the LAN (Local Area Network) and WAN (Wide Area Network) of a large organization with over 15,000 users in over 160 Country Offices world-wide, and a 24×7 operational mission. The Engineer supports the availability and performance of the production network, which is considered mission-critical, which entails effectively applying technical skills and knowledge to specific projects and escalated problems from the NOC.
MUST HAVE SKILLS TO GET INTERVIEW:
- Hands-on experience with Cisco routers and switches.
- Hands-on experience with next generation firewalls, including security policy management and troubleshooting of issues.
- Hands-on experience with OSPF and BGP routing protocols, including BGP traffic engineering.
- Hands-on experience with Splunk to generate alerts and reports on network events.
- Expert-level understanding of TCP/IP, subnetting, VLSM, VLANs, STP, OSFP and BGP.
- Expert-level understanding of network engineering fundamentals/services: DHCP, OSI model, VRF, VPN, ACLs, GRE, IPSec, policy-based routing.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Ability to quickly grasp new ideas and concepts.
Essential Job Functions:
- Monitor performance and diagnose problems in all aspects of the network infrastructure (switches, routers, firewalls, WAN accelerators, Wireless, DHCP, DNS), so that acceptable levels of performance are always maintained
- Engineer and implement network solutions in a timely manner
- Connect equipment, conducting tests, configure equipment, and develop/update procedures
- Update documentation (drawings, spreadsheets, documents) of the network and produce reports in a fashion that is useful for peer and management review
- Operate diagnostic tools to isolate network issues
- Assist with the deployment of new solutions to HQ and Country Offices (remote sites) using a variety of WAN solutions (MPLS, point-to-point, VSAT, VPN)
- Handle escalation calls from the NOC, perform triage, resolve problems, or escalate to team members
- Actively participate in the deployment of new solutions to HQ and Country Offices (remote sites) using a variety of WAN solutions (MPLS, point-to-point, VSAT, VPN)
- Advanced understanding of TCP/IP, Ethernet, OSI model, layer 2 and layer 3 concepts, routing protocols (BGP, OSPF), spanningtree protocol, VPN, GRE, IPSec, and WAN connectivity
- Experience with MPLS
- CCNA Certification
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.
Position Keywords: Cisco routers,TCP/IP, subnetting, VLSM, VLANs, STP, OSFP,DHCP, OSI model, VRF, VPN, ACLs, GRE, IPSec, policy-based routing.,CCNA Certification
Pay Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 12 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 3282