***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Network/Systems Engineer with VMWare ESX, Cisco USC, Azure
Location : Hartford, CT
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 6 Months
Interview Type : Skype or Phone
Work Status : Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S
Job Type : C2C,C2H, W2
Experience : 5 years
Prefer W2 : U S C/ G C /H1B Transfer/OPT/CPT/H4 EAD and other US work authorization are accepted
- CURRENT SYSTEMS / PROJECTS OVERVIEW
The State of Connecticut Department of Public Health (DPH) is responsible for protecting the health and safety of the people of Connecticut. Due to COVID-19 DPH IT has requirements for more efficient and proactive ways to manage its increasingly large network, while ensuring the stability, security and performance needed to support mission-critical operations and other business functions.
DPH has identified federal funding to support a temporary worker at the level of Network Engineer 4 to support agency activities related to ELC.
The purpose of this Statement of Work (SOW) is to acquire support for the agency network and infrastructure, including VDI virtualization, VMWare vSphere Client, VM Horizon Client, File Storage, Cisco switches, VOIP.
The candidate should be proficient in VMware, Cisco USC, Microsoft Windows Server platforms, RDP, VOIP, MS Azure, file storage and possess the desktop skills to troubleshoot mid to high level helpdesk calls.
We anticipate that this will be primarily an in-office support role.
- SCOPE OF WORK
The selected contractor will provide one (1) individual, with the required skills and background, to work as part of the DPH Information Technology section working with the IT technical team. This contract is planned for a 6-month period, from 12/21/2020 through 6/30/2021.
Target Class: Network Engineer Level 4 as described in the State of Connecticut Contract 14PSX0338 and will have the required skills and experience outlined below.
Specific Experience and Services Required
- Must possess superior oral and written communication skills.
- Significant understanding of technologies, such as Widows Server 2016, VMware Horizon Client, Cisco File Storage, Cisco switches, VOIP.
- Working knowledge, administration, implementation and configuration of VMWare ESX server and Virtual Center is required.
- Assist with Microsoft SCCM system configuration and training.
- Handle server administration, configuration and installation issues with Windows Server 2016 and VMWare vSphere Enterprise servers.
- Perform operation such as onboarding of new users, monitoring, trouble shooting of user accounts and about account status through the appropriate permissions groups and O365 TEAM.
- Assist with the documentation of processes and procedures for both individuals and groups.
- Ensure that all customer email and support ticket inquiries, requesting assistance or user access and account maintenance are immediately resolved.
- Handle support issues remotely via phone, web team interactive session, or remote support software tools.
- Triage user functional questions that cannot be addressed to the appropriate staff as needed and provide follow-up to ensure issues are handled.
- Assist users with password resets and group membership.
- ADMINISTRATIVE CONSIDERATIONS
Contract Timeline and Work Schedule: This contract is planned from 12/21/2020 through 6/30/2021. DPH reserves the right to extend the contract term, if deemed necessary, to support additional functionality; however, that decision will not be made until near the end of this engagement. All work will be performed, 5 days 40 hours per week, between 8 am and 5 pm on normal scheduled business days (Monday to Friday), excluding State holidays and furlough days. Payment will be on a time and material basis and paid only for hours worked.
****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus******
Apply here or Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: network,HIPAA,VMware, Cisco USC, Microsoft Windows Server platforms, RDP, VOIP, MS Azure,
Pay Rate: DOE/If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 6 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 2601
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S