***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : .NET Developer with Dev Express
Location : Des Moines/Ames, IA
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 12 Months
Interview Type : Web cam interview only
Work Status : Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Job Type : C2C,C2H, W2
Experience : 8 YEARS
Prefer W2 : U S C/ G C /H1B Transfer/OPT/CPT/H4 EAD and other US work authorization are accepted
The Contractor acts in a developer role under the guidance of the Office of Motor Vehicle Support’s architect. The contractor completes programming assignments needed to replace non-performant validation code, DevExpress updates, other identified changes required to upgrade ARTS to use newer versions of Microsoft’s .NET Framework and 64-bit application architectures. The contractor is also responsible for assisting in the gathering and documenting of functional requirements, creation of design documentation, and creation and execution of test plans and testing scenarios. The contractor is responsible for production support requests related to the changes they have made. All work assignments get documented within the Information Technology TFS/VSTS and Service Now systems.
• The contractor for this position updates an internal application to use newer libraries they have created to handle user validation – full stack development SQL as well as server/web service-oriented work / and WinForms. The vendor is going to be rewriting – the current state does not work with Microsoft 64bit architecture settings.
DAY to DAY
• A typical day is going to get a list of specific C# forms that have validation logic in them, need that replaced, put together test plan to be followed by them and the unit to do regression testing, if there is anything after prod deploy – post prod they may do prod support potentially. For this position, it is in the context of prod – responsible for fixing. Will be asked to create test plans; needs to be very comfortable writing and modifying stored procedures using SQL.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE BRINGS THE FOLLOWING TO THIS ROLE:
1. Ability to troubleshoot
2. Ability to analyze requirements
3. Ability to learn and understand a complex, existing application with minimal guidance.
4. Speed and accuracy – Note: Speed and accuracy are going to be what makes one candidate stand out over another – which gets measured through a coding assignment conducted during the interview.
5. Must be a reliable C# developer, comfortable writing, and modifying stored procedures using SQL with DevExpress experience.
• C# SQL / Stored Procedures/ XSL (used to transform and create documents – in the context of this project it is used by the vendor to develop validation logic), Soap Web Services, WCS Services, DevExpress (UI library).
• C#.NET – 5 YEARS REQUIRED
• SQL Server- 5 YEARS REQUIRED
• SOAP Web Services – 3YEARS REQUIRED
• XML – 3YEARS REQUIRED
• Winforms – 3 YEARS REQUIRED
• XSL – 3 YEARS REQUIRED
• WCF – 3 YEARS REQUIRED
• TFS – 3 YEARS REQUIRED
• Visual Studio – 3 YEARS REQUIRED
• Dev Express – 3 YEARS HIGHLY DESIRED
Required / Desired Skills
Required / Desired
C#.NET Required 5 Years
SQL Required 5 Years
SOAP Web Services Required 3 Years
XML Required 3 Years
Winforms Required 3 Years
XSL Required 5 Years
WCF Required 3 Years
Dev Express Highly desired 3 Years
******Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus******
Apply here or Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: C#.NET,SQL,SOAP Web Services,XML,Winforms,XSL,WCF,Dev Express
Pay Rate: DOE/If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 12 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Employer
Job ID: OOJ - 2553
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S