***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Murex Business Analyst
Location : NW Washington, DC
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 12 Months
Interview Type : Skype or Phone
Job Type : W2
Experience : 8 YEARS
Note: Treasury & Capital Markets mandatory
The position requires a quality-focused and detail-oriented Business Analyst with a demonstrated track record of providing solutions for high-priority business goals and strategic management decisions. The incumbent should be a skilled troubleshooter and problem solver with the ability to translate business processes and problem statements into requirements. The incumbent must be conversant with all stages of SDLC and be able to deliver results within tight timelines.
Essential Job Functions:
- Interface with the business client to understand business needs and requirements, and to help develop and maintain the client relationship
- Build stakeholder consensus and ensure everyone is on the same page, in agreement, and can visualize the solution being proposed
- Develop business cases, requirements, use cases, test plans, test strategies, test cases, and operational procedures and plans
- Document business processes and workflows
- Craft business cases to evaluate the feasibility of technology initiatives
- Identify business and functional requirements by working with application end-users, and lead the collection, analysis, documentation, and coordination of those requirements
- Design and execute test cases for application development and implementation projects
- Collaborate with IT professionals to determine if solutions currently exist (internally or externally) or whether new solutions are feasible to meet business requirements
- Leverage rapid prototyping approaches to present as-is/to-be processes/workflows and rough designs of the proposed solution
- Maintain a comprehensive chronological trail of requirements and agreements and actively contribute to the project change control process. Document and manage issues and actions
- Provide overall support to ensure the successful design, testing, and implementation of applications that support the business unit, Also, provide support in developing training materials and conducting training
- Document and manage issues and actions for IT applications and projects
- Prepare and make presentations using MS PowerPoint and Visio to project stakeholders and management
- Participate in the evaluation of new products or initiatives to determine the technology support required
- Evaluate applications and IT environments, and analyze gaps between current and desired states
- Propose recommendations based on industry best practices
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- Education: Masters degree in Finance
- Role Specific Experience: 5+ years of relevant technical and business work experience
- Experience in defining and implementing technology solutions for a major financial institution
- Extensive experience as a Business Analyst for a large financial institution
- Extensive experience with implementing a similar system
- Extensive experience in gathering business requirements and developing functional specifications with special emphasis on use cases, defining test cases, and providing user training and support
- Extensive experience with various system development lifecycle methodologies and tailoring the artifacts to those methodologies
- Experience with BPM tools like iGrafix ,PEGA and Cordys is a plus
- Experience in requirements management tools like Client-ALM, MS TFS, Case Complete is essential
- Knowledge of products like Bonds (PV and Structured), MBS, ABS, Repos/Reverse Repos, Futures, Options, Swaptions etc including understanding of trade life cycle events from an investment and capital market perspective.
- Familiarity with the settlement and accounting process associated with the above products
- Good understanding of enterprise risks and its various components including market and credit risks, PFE, CVA.
- Knowledge of valuation models like DCF, BGM, Hull White, bi-numeral and tri-numeral models, monte-carlo, etc
- Understanding of pre and post trade compliance, ratings functionality including information available from the 3 rating agencies, counterpart limit settings
- General BA skills/abilities
- Strong process analysis skills and ability to suggest improvements for efficiency and effectiveness of solutions based on industry best practices
- Knowledge of business analysis best practices (such as BABOK) and ability to effectively apply them
- Advanced knowledge of specific business area, process, workflows, standards, and business practices
- Proven conceptual, analytical, and judgmental skills
- Critically analyze requirements and ensure completeness from a quality requirement view point.
- Ability to identify data needs, quality rules and lineage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate well with all levels, technical as well as non-technical stakeholders
- Ability to work directly with clients and management without supervision and to facilitate and navigate discussions with stakeholders to ensure clarity, prioritization, and consensus
- Leadership skills and ability to work well with diverse team members, often in multiple locations
- Ability to work with different points-of-view and lead the team to convergence, while always keeping the project objectives in sight
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Excellent personal organization skills and ability to take things to closure without follow-ups
- Desired Skills/Abilities (not required but a plus):
- Desirable knowledge of VBA, PL/SQL and C++ numerical programming, MS Access, Oracle, and reporting tools such as Crystal Reports
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence tools like Business Objects, Tableaux etc
- Experience of having worked in an Enterprise Data Management project
- Understanding of Data Governance process and ability to identify data quality issues.
- Knowledge and experience in COTS implementation as BA on COTS projects like Summit, Murex, Calypso etc
- Knowledge of project management
- Required functional skills/abilities mentioned above must be at the expert level.
- Required general BA skills/abilities indicated above must be at the expert level.
- 10+ years of experience must be in at least one of the functional areas listed above.
*****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus******
Apply here or Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: workflows,Summit, Murex, Calypso,VBA, PL/SQL and C++,BABOK
Pay Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 12 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 3214