**** Direct Client Requirement****
Title: Mainframe Developer/Analyst (COBOL/CICS, JCL, VSAM, ADSO/IDMS)
Location: Des Moines,IA
Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Interview Type: Skype only
Work Status: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Job Type: C2C,C2H,W2,1099
Experience: 7 YEARS
NOTE: Only candidates with IDMS will be considered for this position.
DHS is looking for a Software Developer/Programmer 5 (SDP5) – Mainframe Developer/Programmer/Analyst to analyze current Mainframe systems (COBOL/CICS, JCL, VSAM, ADSO/IDMS) and document system logic. The individual will Work with the business team to understand the business need and how the current code correlates to the same, document the system and ‘to-be’ status of what would be needed for the system to be rewritten in a client server distributed environment.
DHS primarily has two environments: Legacy Cobol/CICS/IDMS/VSAM systems and client server/Web .NET systems. Most systems are centralized but there are distributed systems as well that are used in field offices and DHS owned and operated facilities. Many systems are home grown while some systems use third-party applications.
Demonstrated through prior experience the ability to:
- The role is more of a senior technical analyst.
- Trace and document data system logic and flows by reading & analyzing JCL, COBOL programs, CICS definitions, ADSO/IDMS programs and 3rd party utility control cards, SPSS-Mainframe, IDCAMS, SYNCSORT and other common mainframe data manipulation processes.
- Extracting and documenting Business Rules embedded in Mainframe programs, third party utilities, and other data manipulation products. This includes both business and functional aspects of the business rules.
- Understanding, analyzing and documenting current Mainframe logic and flows and work with the users and business teams to correlate the same with how the systems support the current business, Federal and State requirements.
- Create detailed documentation of system analysis that would become the basis for a system rewrite into client server .Net environment.
- Must complete assigned task; communicate accurate and useful status updates; follow quality standards; Ability to work in a team environment; strong communication skills; both written and spoken.
- Perform on-call duties for nightly and weekend batch cycles
- Attention to details is a must since the documentation generated would be the basis of system rewrites.
- Very clear, strong and precise Verbal and written communication skills are needed in order to work and coordinate with multiple teams.
- Prior DHS experience would be a plus.
- Work independently with little supervision or guidance.
- Demonstrates a willingness to independently dive in and learn new systems, processes, and business functionality.
Apply here or Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Keywords: COBOL/CICS, JCL, VSAM, ADSO/IDMS
Pay Rate: DOE/If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 10 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 2150
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.