**** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Mainframe QA Manager
Location : Salem, OR
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 12 Months
Interview Type : Skype or Phone
Job Type : C2C,C2H,W2
Experience : 10 Years
Individuals in this position have demonstrated experience in leading small to moderate sized testing teams. They understand the concepts of software quality assurance theory and practice. Can formulate testing strategy and plans where none may exist previously. They are able to communicate effectively with business and technical teams on testing activities and can assist developers with test-driven development. May require a bachelor’s degree and at least 9 years or equivalent experience in a related area.
Remote Part Time for 1 year Schedule will be negotiated when selected
The agency requires a mainframe developer who has at least three (3) years of experience with the operations and maintenance of enterprise financial systems.
The Contractor shall:
- Perform software system development related to enhancements, maintenance, and upgrades.
- Provide software and system support for break/fix and bug repair.
- Develop maintenance documentation for coding changes and break/fix resolution.
- Provide quality assurance and testing of code changes.
- Provide informal coaching and knowledge transfer to agency support personnel related to system functions and changes implemented.
- Strong analysis, as well as oral and written communication, skills
- Must be proficient with maintenance and manipulation of VSAM data by way of IDCAMS
- Must be proficient with Sort, SyncSort, and ICETOOL
- Must know DB2 for z/OS and be able to make schema changes and provide input as it relates to project work involving DB2 z/OS databases
- Must be a senior level programmer in COBOL and be experienced in upgrading COBOL versions, including accounting for compiler changes and updates.
- Must be efficient in programming with JAVA on the mainframe
- Must know CICS and how to work within the environment for maintenance and updates to pre-existing environments
- Must know Easytrieve reporting software and be able to manipulate data connecting to DB2, PSD’s
- Must be comfortable working with version control in PanValet
- Must be proficient with REXX development on the mainframe
- Data Analysis – Advanced (7-9 Years) – Yes
- DB2 – Expert (10+ Years) – Yes
- COBOL Expert – (10+ Years) – Yes
- Java on the mainframe – Advanced (7-9 Years) – Yes
- Easytrieve connecting to DB2 – Proficient (4-6 Years) – Yes
- IBM CICS z/OS – Expert (10+ Years) – Yes
- PanValet – Proficient (4-6 Years) – Yes
- REXX on mainframe – Advanced (7-9 Years) – Yes
- Schema changes for DB2 z/OS – Advanced (7-9 Years) – Yes
- Sort, SyncSort, ICETOOL – Proficient (4-6 Years) – Yes
- Communication skills both verbal and written – Advanced (7-9 Years) – Yes
- Integration planning and strategy – Advanced (7-9 Years) – Yes
- Team work – Advanced (7-9 Years) – Yes
- MicrosoftOffice – Advanced (7-9 Years) – Yes
*****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus*******
PH: 470-480-2412 EX 103
Apply here or please send to email@example.com
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: Data Analysis,IBM DB2,COBOL,Java on the mainframe,Easytrieve connecting to DB2,IBM CICS z/OS,PanValet,REXX on mainframe,Schema changes for DB2 z/OS,Sort, SyncSort, ICETOOL,MicrosoftOffice
Pay Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 12 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 3397