***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Mainframe Programmer/Developer (ADSO/IDMS, COBOL/CICS, JCL, VSAM)
Location : Des Moines IA
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 11 Months
Interview Type : Skype or Phone
Work Status : Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Job Type : C2C,C2H, W2 ,
Experience : 8 YEARS
Prefer W2 : U S C/ G C /H1B Transfer/OPT/CPT/H4 EAD and other US work authorization are accepted
Only candidates with significant IDMS experience will be considered for this position.
The agency is looking for a highly motivated individual that works well with customers and team members. This individual will need to be comfortable doing senior level application support including: writing ADS/O and COBOL programming, working with IDMS and DB2 and modifying JCL and Parms for a large, highly visible state agency. The individual must be a self-starter, who is willing to be flexible and research multiple complicated legacy systems to meet legislative changes and agency needs, willing to step up when the job needs done. Some off hour shifts and on call may be required. Initial contract funding is for 1 year, but a longer 3-5-year engagement is anticipated.
• Experience in all aspects of SDLC including specification development, design, coding, testing, implementation, and maintenance of complex mainframe applications.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with others and lead others through change.
• Analyze current operations and procedures; evaluate and select practical alternatives and present them to the users; produce design specifications of the selected alternatives; and obtain user approval of selected alternatives
• Schedule and coordinate the development, testing, and implementation of systems
• Preparation and maintenance of technical documentation
• Communicate accurate and useful status updates.
• Manage and report time spent on all work activities.
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to comprehend complex technical and logical concepts and adapt quickly to changes
• Strong quantitative, analytics, problem solving and organizational skills are required
• Attention to detail and maintaining high quality standards is a must
• Ability to prioritize and manage concurrent projects, demonstrate initiative and work independently with minimal supervision
Required / Desired Skills
Required / Desired
COBOL Required 8 Years
IDMS Required 8 Years
IDMS ADS/O Required 8 Years
CICS Required 8 Years
JCL Required 8 Years
IDMS DMLO Desired 1 Years
IDMS OLQ Desired 1 Years
DB2 Desired 1 Years
Control-M Desired 1 Years
DC Cobol Desired 1 Years
FTP Desired 1 Years
SYNCSORT Desired 1 Years
TSO/ISPF Desired 1 Years
VSAM Desired 1 Years
Expeditor Desired 1Years
*****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus*****
Apply here or Please send to email@example.com
Position Keywords: Mainframe Programmer/Developer,ADSO/IDMS, COBOL/CICS, JCL, VSAM, IDMS ADS/O
Pay Rate: DOE/If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 11 months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Employer
Job ID: OOJ - 2352
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S