**** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Mainframe Cobol Developer
Location : Salem, OR
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 5 Months
Interview Type : Skype or Phone
Job Type : C2C,C2H,W2
Experience : 8 Years
The Office of Information Services (OIS) is a shared service provider for the). OIS provides the technology systems and services that support more than 11,000 OHA and DHS agency staff at local offices and facilities around the state. These systems and services help the two agencies determine client service program eligibility; provide medical, housing, food and job assistance; provide addiction, mental health, vocational and rehabilitative services; protect children, seniors and people with physical and/or developmental disabilities; process claims and benefits; manage provider licensing and state hospital facilities; and promote and protect the state public health.
- OIS seeks a mainframe developer (Cobol) to complete the remaining Mainframe Legacy work for the IE Project.
- IE is an expansion of Oregon’s Affordable Care Act Compliant Modified Adjusted Gross Income (MAGI) Medicaid eligibility determination system, called OregONEligibility (or ONE) for the Oregon Health Authority (OHA).
The focus will be on the completion of the remaining Integrated Eligibility (IE) Project and associated subprojects (Legacy, Disaster Recovery, Data Conversion) bodies of work. The IE Project has been implemented, however there is remaining Legacy work and ongoing defect support needs. These projects utilize staff from multiple agencies, as well as multiple contractors. Further, there are overlapping priorities from other DHS and Oregon Health Authority (OHA) projects, and ongoing maintenance and operations work.
Required skills and experience:
Minimum of six years of experience as a Senior Mainframe Developer using the following:
In addition, the ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant functional business areas of Oregon Self-Sufficiency Program (SSP) and Oregon Aging and People with Disabilities (APD) programs and processes, or similar knowledge from other states.
- Previous experience in state or local Oregon government agencies or for Human Services organizations in other states.
- Demonstrated experience with large-scale complex technical architectures that include interfaces with other large-scale systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge with logging of communication between large-scale systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the handshake between interfacing systems to ensure proper reception and synchronization of records; this should specifically include experience developing and testing web services across multiple platforms.
- Demonstrated experience working independently with minimal supervision and direction
- Demonstrated experience developing analysis and design documentation necessary for the construction, testing and implementation of identified tasks to be completed.
- Please make sure resumes submitted CLEARLY reflect the required skills and experience. Resumes that do not reflect the required skills will be rejected, regardless of how you respond to the Qualifications
- Interviews will be conducted via MS Teams. Interview times will reflect Pacific Standard Time.
- Due to circumstances beyond our control, we anticipate two weeks or more for the background check completion for the selected candidate.
Key Person may work remotely.
- The selected key person could potentially telecommute, as agreed to between the Agency Authorized Representative and the key person. Any decision to allow telecommuting is made with the understanding that decision will be re-evaluated by the Agency Authorized Representative on a regular basis. The key person should be available to work onsite within a reasonable timeframe.
- Telecommuting will be contingent upon the key person providing his/her own adequate computer, monitor(s), Internet connection, and telephone, and be readily available during normal working hours via phone, email or instant message. Access to Agency systems will be provided via Citrix Remote Desktop or similar software. No hardware or additional software will be provided at the key person’s home site or his/her PC, unless a specific device is required to perform assigned duties (such as Multi-Factor Authentication devices).
- If the Agency Authorized Representative and key person agree to allow off-site work, the expectation is for that key person to work onsite as soon as the general workforce transitions back into the Agency workplace.
- DB2 Advanced (7-9 Years)
- COBOL Advanced (7-9 Years)
- CICS Advanced (7-9 Years)
- JCL Advanced (7-9 Years)
- TSO/ISPF Advanced (7-9 Years)
Position Keywords: COBOL,CICS,Job Control Language (JCL),IBM DB2,JCL,TSO/ISPF
Pay Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 5 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 3262