**** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Mainframe Cobol Developer
Location : Lincoln, NE
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 3 Year
Interview Type : Skype only
Job Type : C2C, W2, C2H
Experience : 5+ Years
The online system is an integrated client/server based software system. The client software executes on Windows 10 and resides on Windows 2010 servers located throughout the State. Computer Associates Gen and AION toolsets are used to generate windows and C code, along with custom in-house architecture code written in C. The server components are Z/OS CICS transactions. The CICS programs are Gen-generated COBOL, along with in-house written COBOL and Assembler externals. The CICS programs access DB2 on the Z/OS mainframe. The Gen clients use External Call Interface (ECI), IBM’s CICS Universal Client to connect to the Z/OS CICS using TCP/IP protocol. The Gen online system consists of over 570 client procedures, 555 server procedures, 550 windows, and 1450 dialog boxes. The AION online system supports the complex eligibility data gathering and automated determination and noticing processes.
N-FOCUS web applications consist of public applications, including dashboard applications, and applications launched directly from N-FOCUS. Eclipse is the IDE used to generate the Java Server Faces and Facelets code. These Java applications run on Tomcat application servers on the Linux Operating System. The Java applications call stored procedures to access DB2 data and SQL to access SQL server data.
The primary role of the N-FOCUS team today is to maintain and enhance the NFOCUS application. This includes providing users with technical and business support to keep the system current with government policy and industry technology, both of which continue to change at a rapid pace. The NFOCUS team works in the Golds building in Lincoln at 1033 O St. Business and technical contract and full-time State team members are organized into teams that are involved in application development (Gen, AION, COBOL, Web, Reporting), technical architecture (workstation communications, mainframe communications, print architecture, reporting architecture administration, document imaging administration), database administration, configuration management, project management, business requirements and testing, application and production support, and training. Approximately 30 technical and 30 business team members are assigned to the N-FOCUS team.
Mandatory General Requirements:
- Associate’s Degree in Data Processing or equivalent.
- Experience with production support of a large, complex application including the ability to resolve problems in constrained timeframes.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to gather and provide information effectively, regardless of audience.
- Strong collaborative skills, service oriented, and strong interpersonal skills with various levels of business and technical staff.
- Strong analytical skills that include working directly with business staff to determine sound technical solutions for business requirements.
- Strong organization, planning, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- No difficulty in prioritizing and managing multiple tasks.
Mandatory Batch Developer Requirements:
- At least 3 years software development experience with COBOL II/COBOL 390 accessing DB2 databases in an IBM z/OS mainframe environment. . Experience must be current (within the last year) and must be in support of a large-scale, complex application system.
- At least 3 years experience with DB2 relational databases, including logical design, understanding of physical design components, and complex SQL statements
- Experience in assessing application performance issues, identifying efficient solutions to address performance issues, and the ability to tune database access paths related to a complex data model.
- Experience must be current (within the last year).
- At least 3 years full lifecycle software development experience. Software development experience must be current (within the last year) and must be in support of a large-scale, complex application system.
Preferred General Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience working as part of a large (40+) software development team using structured procedures and guidelines.
- Working knowledge of the following tools: Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Sharepoint., TSO
- Experience managing small-to-medium projects or components of larger projects.
- Experience with coding COBOL/DB2 Stored Procedures for WEB applications and/or Crystal Report applications.
- Working knowledge of Crystal Reports software.
- Working knowledge of StyleVision software to create style sheets
- DB2 – DB2 relational databases, including logical design, understanding of physical design components – (1-3 Years)
- COBOL – COBOL DB2 development for large complex application – (1-3 Years)
- SQL – Complex SQL Statements – (1-3 Years)
- Crystal Reports – Crystal Report experience – (1-3 Years)
- Microsoft Office – Working knowledge of the following tools: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Visio – (1-3 Years)
***** Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus******
Apply here or Please send to email@example.com
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: Mainframe, Cobol, DB2, SQL, Crystal Reports, Data Processing, Web, Visio
Pay Rate: DOE/If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 3 Year
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Employer
Job ID: OOJ - 3182