**** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Law Enforcement Public Safety Trainer
Location : Hartford, CT
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 12 Months
Interview Type : Skype or Phone
Job Type : C2C,C2H,W2
Experience : 4 Years
- 2. PROJECT/SYSTEM OVERVIEW
Connecticut’s Criminal Justice Information System (CJIS) is the umbrella term for the activity among agencies with criminal justice responsibilities to bring greater cohesion and effectiveness by improving the way they communicate and share information across system components, and how they manage data on crime and criminal offenders.
- 3. SCOPE OF WORK
The Criminal Justice Information System (CJIS) Liaison/Trainer is an additional position required now that Connecticut Information Sharing System (CISS) Search functionality is in production. This position will be responsible for communicating, coordinating, and gaining CISS compliance for approximately ~160 Law Enforcement agencies in the with a targeted goal of over 10,000 end users for CISS.
Additionally, this position will be a critical Liaison/Trainer that will be responsible for supporting the CJIS Governing Board Implementation team’s efforts to successfully implement the new CISS application. This will require an extensive communication and requirements gathering effort with current and future (CISS) users and stakeholders. The focus for this position is to advocate on behalf of the CJIS Group to the CT Law Enforcement community to bring awareness of changes to established Executive and Judicial Branch arrest and prosecution workflows as the new Arrest and Summons Electronic Digital Workflows are implemented statewide. Additionally, this person will assist in the implementation of these changes at Law Enforcement Agencies (LEAs) that will be needed to gain the benefits and integration efficiencies the CISS application will provide. This individual will be responsible for the communication and coordination of tasks required from the LEAs while facilitating the successful rollout of new CISS workflows as part of integration.
Responsibility will also include coordination and facilitation for the onboarding, along with other Public Safety Liaisons/Trainers, of over new search users from the Law Enforcement community for CISS Search.
Specific Services Required
The Criminal Justice Information System (CJIS) Liaison responsibilities include:
- Train CISS Users for CISS Certification. CISS train-the-trainer will be included.
- Develop the informational materials, presentation content and resource documents for Law Enforcement Agencies participating in CISS.
- Evaluate effectiveness of the various iterations of CISS application presentations and communications.
- Provide situational awareness (SA) communications when needed to make CJIS team aware of any issues needing immediate attention regarding participation in CISS.
- Update informational content based on enhancements to the application and source systems as needed.
- Facilitate and document feedback from users and agencies to enhance training and system performance.
- Facilitate the scheduling and perform CISS application demonstration sessions for individual stakeholder agencies.
- Facilitate the scheduling and perform group demonstration sessions for multiple stakeholder agencies.
- Work closely with DESPP as Liaison between CJIS and State Police for the implementation of CISS Search and CISS Workflows.
- Work closely with Connecticut Police Chief’s Association as Liaison between CJIS and CPCA.
- Work closely with the CISS Search Project Lead and the Workflow Deployment Project Manager to develop and present program status to all CPCA regional and statewide meetings
- Work closely with the Police Officers Standards and Training Council (POST-C) as necessary to facilitate user acceptance and rollout.
- Ability to accommodate a flexible work schedule to accommodate presentations and meetings at various locations and times.
- Maintain knowledge of the program activities and act as the conduit between CJIS management and all stakeholders.
- Facilitate and coordinate site activities required to support the CISS implementation, in conjunction with representatives from the sites team. In addition, some key activities include:
- User Impact Assessment (UIA).
- Stakeholder (leadership, managers/supervisors, end user) involvement, communication, education, and training (site leadership, managers/supervisors, end users).
- Rehearsal of Concept (ROC) Drills.
- Informational / Training material development and delivery.
- Role mapping.
- Responsible for the organization, facilitation and management of focus groups for the gathering of requirements and feedback for phase II enhancements.
- Provide a weekly status report to program leadership that describes activities occurring and highlights any activities, issues, successes or challenges. The report is to be submitted to the designated leadership/program authority no later than close of business on Friday or the last workday of the week.
- Champion the CISS project to the Law Enforcement community to enable the successful implementation of new search and workflow functionality.
- Champion changes to workflow methodologies inherent in each individual LEA
- Champion changes to current workflow within individual LEA’s to ensure the seamless integration of the new CISS workflows
- Ensure all workflow changes originating from LEA’s do not negatively affect current DCJ and Judicial workflow processes.
- Manage questions or requests for information from stakeholders, resolve issues, and work with the CJIS team to provide the necessary responses
- Provide timely resolution or escalation of deployment related issues to the CISS project management team and CJIS leadership.
- Ensure clear communication between the CJIS team and stakeholders.
- Perform other duties assigned by CJIS Executor Director.
- Working directly with Law Enforcement Agencies (LEA) and Police Departments (PDs) to onboard and integrate with CISS will require routine onsite visits.
- The CISS Liaison will need to have their own transportation, at their own expense, for routine onsite visits to LEAs offices and PDs.
Criminal Justice Information System (CJIS) Liaison has required qualifications include:
- Prior experience in the Public Safety field, preferably Law Enforcement.
- Extensive knowledge of:
- Police Policies and Procedures
- Extensive knowledge of the day-to-day activities of Law Enforcement operations.
- Records Management Systems (RMS) concepts and practices
- Familiar with computer Systems, Applications and integration methods
- Proficient in the use of programs such as but not limited to: MS Word, Outlook, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Visio, Adobe Acrobat
- Possess a working familiarity with Networking, Storage, VPN, Remote Access, Authentication technologies, Web applications etc.
- Strong communications skills, verbal and written both technical and non-technical writing
- Ability to use multiple forms of electronic communications to reach the Criminal Justice Community.
- Hold, at minimum, an associate degree in either Criminal Justice, Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics, or related field or commensurate experience.
Hold, at minimum, a high school diploma AND retired from a CT Police Department.
- Skilled in Criminal Justice business processes.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in working in a team environment, managing conflicting priorities, and meeting deadlines.
- Skilled in providing information in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills and the ability to manage complex situations.
- Maintains excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- Able to work with Police Department Command Staffs to obtain positive CJIS-desired outcomes and obtain increased Police Department participation.
- Authentication Technologies – Proficient (4-6 Years)
- Electronic Communications – Proficient (4-6 Years)
- Interpersonal/Negotiating – Proficient (4-6 Years)
- Networking/Storage – Proficient (4-6 Years)
- Technical Writer – Proficient (4-6 Years)
- VPN/Remote Access Systems – Proficient (4-6 Years)
- Web Applications
*****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus*******
Apply here or Please send to email@example.com
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: MS Word, Outlook, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Visio, Adobe Acrobat,Networking, Storage, VPN, Remote Access, Authentication technologies, Web applications,CISS Certification
Pay Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 12 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 3296