***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Lead Full Stack Java Application Developer (Micro Services, Cloud)
Location : Lincoln, NE
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 12 Months
Interview Type : Skype or Phone
Work Status : Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S
Job Type : C2C,C2H, W2
Experience : 9+ years
Prefer W2 : U S C/ G C /H1B Transfer/OPT/CPT/H4 EAD and other US work authorization are accepted
The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is seeking a full-stack Java developer to build and support services to be shared by multiple teams and projects across the Department. This position will report to the CTO of DHHS and contribute to DHHS IT program objectives while promoting and supporting enterprise reuse of components. The developer will receive direction from a DHHS Lead Technical Architect. The developer will plan, analyze, design, and develop various micro-services in a cloud environment. The developer will also contribute to front-end applications that consume those services as needed. The ability to communicate with technical team members, business users, and management is required.
- Under general direction, responsible for all phases of development and maintenance on assigned computer applications; communicates with business analysts to determine system requirements; researches system enhancements and problems; performs analysis and design of computer applications; performs programming and testing; performs related work as assigned. Position works directly with various levels of business and technical staff to determine sound technical solutions for business requirements. This position designs, codes, tests and documents micro-service applications. Position has full technical knowledge of all phases of applications development and the development technologies utilized. Position provides production support for small and large, simple and complex applications including the ability to resolve problems in constrained timeframes. Position may have occasional off hours support. Position may be responsible for mentoring less experienced team members. Position may lead small-to-medium projects or components of larger projects.
Scope of Activities:
- The Sr. Application Developer – Java, will demonstrate strong competencies across these responsibilities:
- Develop and debug application code
- Design java classes
- Conduct unit, integration, and customer acceptance testing
- Prepare code and application documentation
- Design and deploy micro-service databases in the cloud, using relational or non-relational databases as appropriate.
- Consult with peers and subordinates on application issues
- Use application development tools and utilities as appropriate
- Assist and mentor peers and subordinates as appropriate
- Develop business problem definition
- Accomplish information collection, analysis and organization
- Prepare economic evaluation and estimates of time/effort required on projects
- Prepare solution development, recommendations and evaluation criteria
Required Credentials and Experience:
- At least 5 years Java development
- At least 3 years developing micro-services, using Spring Boot or equivalent frameworks
- At least 3 years writing and documenting REST APIs using the Open API (Swagger) specification.
- Familiarity with cloud application models (cloud native, server less, etc.) strongly preferred.
- At least 2 years supporting front-ends written in a modern SPA framework (Angular, React, Vue, etc.)
- At least 3 years working with relational databases. Ability to write SQL queries and debug database related issues in Java applications.
- Familiarity with non-relational DBs is a plus (MongoDB, Cosmos DB, Dynamo DB, etc.)
- Exposure to database automation frameworks (Liquibase, Flyway, etc.) is a plus.
Preferred Credentials and Experience:
- Relevant certifications and training
- Preferred to have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in all aspects of the software development lifecycle and workflow including, but not limited to:
- Target date planning
- Work plan development and monitoring
- Stakeholder communication
- Quality Assurance
- Development methods/techniques
- Testing methods/techniques
- Implementation planning and execution
- Trusted and respected as a thought leader
- Displays intellectual curiosity and integrity
- Motivated and driven by achieving long-term technical outcomes
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and lead cross-functional teams
- Design – CSS – At least 3 years CSS experience
- Languages – HTML – At least 3 years HTML experience
- Languages – Java – At least 5 years Java development
- Languages – SQL – At least 3 years working with relational databases. Ability to write SQL queries and debug database related issues in Java applications.
****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus******
Apply here or Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Pay Rate: DOE/If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 12 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 2908
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S