**** Direct Client Requirement ****
Title: IT Support Technician/Specialist
Location: Denver, CO
Duration: 3 Months
Interview Type: Phone or Skype
Work Status: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Job Type: C2C,C2H ,W2,
Experience: 5 YEARS
Provides desktop support to end users including network connectivity, computing performance improvement, computer relocation as assigned, and other support functions.
Prepares state computers for end users, including formatting hard drives, installing operating systems, and loading software.
Provides phone support to remote users as well as after hour support during network modifications. Includes installation of network cards, software drivers, new fiber network media, and installation and update of workstation network security systems and software.
Provides ongoing upkeep of computer inventory.
Installs enterprise class servers and the UPS hardware that support them in the network operations center.
Includes the assembly, installation, and relocation of computers for volume purchases. For example, 50 units are ordered, and need to be assembled, loaded with software, and located in workstations.
Other responsibilities and duties that may be negotiated by the State for this category.
IT Support Technician/Specialist
The individual will provide technical assistance to department staff, all of whom are currently working remotely. S/he will answer questions or resolve computer problems for clients via telephone, electronically or in person (if position continues past the current Work from Home situation). S/He may provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems.
Specific tasks may include:
- Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems.
- Oversee the daily performance of computer systems.
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
- Develop training materials and procedures, or train users in the proper use of hardware or software.
- Set up an new user/account for new hire (account in domain control, email account, share drive etc…)
- Maintain and manage software licenses
- Refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service.
- Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
- Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Prepare evaluations of software or hardware, and recommend improvements or upgrades.
- Computers and electronics
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer service orientation
- Windows 10 troubleshooting experience
- Windows Server 2008/2012+ experience
- Network Services (DNS, DHCP, etc.)
- Cisco ASA firewall administration
- Experience with Office 365 administration
- Experience with Active directory administration
- VPN experience
04/13/2020 – 07/31/2020
Apply here or Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Keywords: Windows 10 troubleshooting experience Windows Server 2008/2012+ experience Network Services (DNS, DHCP, etc.) Cisco ASA firewall administration Experience with Office 365 administration
Pay Rate: DOE
Job Duration: 3 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: 55539
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S