** Direct Client Requirement ****
Title: IT Support Specialist
Location: Gainesville, GA
Duration: 6 Months
Interview Type: Skype or In person
Work Status: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Job Type: C2C,C2H ,W2,
Experience: 3 YEARS
Under broad supervision, the IT Support Specialist will provide management information system user-support on a continuing basis either by phone or site visit. The specialist will troubleshoot end-user problems, analyze and design software modifications to meet users’ needs. He/she may develop and conduct training programs for software/hardware users. Owns assigned tasks. May serve as a lead or train staff.
****Note***** Due to Covid -19, onsite presence will be required with a rotating schedule of onsite and offsite work. Onsite once every 3 business days (3 people in the rotation). Candidate will be onsite for training and hand-off of duties before they start remote work.
Job Specific Duties:
Under limited supervision, manages a multi-user computer system or local area network with minimal direction within an assigned geographical area, facility, division or office. Provides system installation, network/server access, control and troubleshooting. Provides support and technical assistance to computer users. Analyzes information needs and provides business solutions using computer packaged software. Generates reports for management and staff. Demonstrates knowledge of Department of Transportation information systems including data collection and data distribution. Incorporates an understanding of the business needs of D.O.T. offices or districts, and of available technology into problem solving. May act as a lead worker–or supervisor–for other technical support staff. Demonstrates knowledge of D.O.T. policies and procedures.
– High school diploma or GED AND Two years of education
– Experience in information security, privacy, system/network administration and support, or application development AND training and experience necessary to independently provide technical support to computer users in an assigned office/geographic area.
AGENCY SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS:
– Completion of an associate’s degree in a computer related field and experience providing support services on
a multi-user computer system. OR A thorough knowledge of desktop and multi-user software applications
– Three (3) years of work experience providing software and hardware technical assistance to customers and/or
one (1) year of previous experience providing phone support technical assistance in a help desk environment.
– Demonstrates ability to operate computer peripheral devices.
– Demonstrates ability to install, configure, and/or troubleshoot desktop and multi-user serves, software, and
– Demonstrates ability to install and maintain components of voice and/or data communication networks.
– Demonstrates ability to perform small part installations or modifications to electronic equipment.
– Adapt to changing technical environment and variable workloads.
– Committed to providing quality customer service.
– Demonstrates ability to convey complex technical information orally and in writing to diverse customers with
varying levels of technical knowledge with tact and courtesy.
– Demonstrates ability to provide technical support and assistance with computer operating systems, local area
networking, hardware and software.
– Demonstrates ability to work in a team environment.
– Ability to bend, climb, lift and move in confined spaces.
– Demonstrates ability to analyze and resolve hardware/software problems which have not been experienced
– Demonstrates ability to solve practical problems in installing hardware/software using mathematical and
Required / Desired Skills
Proven work experience providing software and hardware technical assistance to customers
Required 3 Years
Proven work experience supporting a Windows 10 environment
Required 3 Years
Proven work experience installing, configuring, and/or troubleshooting desktop and multi-user serves, software and peripheral devices.
Required 3 Years
Position Keywords: Windows , networking , MsoHyperlink , voice
Pay Rate: DOE
Job Duration: 6 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: 628004
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S