**** Direct Client Requirement****
Title: IT Support/Helpdesk
Location: Hartford, CT
Duration: 12 Months and possible extension
Interview Type: Webcam Interview
Work Status: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Job Type: C2C, C2H, W2
Experience: 7 YEARS
Because of the COVID-19 pandemic and the resulting social distancing, the Bureau of Rehabilitation Services (BRS, part of ADS) Counselors are currently teleworking. Our agency will be supplying tablets to our Consumers so they can meet remotely with their BRS Counselors and receive services via MS Teams.
We need a resource to support the deployment, training, maintenance, and troubleshooting of these tablets. Secondarily, this resource will train and support the Counselors with MS Office 365 and their remote access technology. All of these tasks will need to be done remotely; on-site interactions with Consumers and Counselors will not occur. The resource will need to be skilled in both technology implementation and software training.
The resource will need to have good judgement around the amount of time spent training and assisting Consumers. If a Consumer request is not directly work related, e.g. “can you help me reorganize my files?”, the resource will need to limit their time in addressing the request.
As part of the State of Connecticut telework initiative, the resource will be responsible for the tasks listed below. These tasks will need to be performed remotely, in order to maintain social distancing. Outside of the tablet support aspects of this position, the resource will need to be able to assist in training the Counselors on using Office 365 and remote access software (VPN).
- Initial set up of tablet devices, performed remotely
- Configure Consumer’s Wi-Fi/cellular phone set up, performed remotely
- Set up/create an email address for the Consumer, if necessary
- Set up a Samsung Account or iTunes account, if necessary
- Download apps based on Consumer needs, e.g. MS Teams, Zoom, Skype, Google Hangouts, Other
- Initial training of how to use the device and apps once it is set up, performed remotely
- Additional device troubleshooting/maintenance
- Ongoing training of Counselors on Office 365 and remote access software, performed remotely
- Creation of training materials, learning tools, FAQ’s and other resource guides for the ongoing training of Counselors.
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
- 6 Years of experience in Information Technology (IT) operations support areas
- At least 3 years of the above experience must have been in a Helpdesk environment
- 3 Years of experience in application training
- Considerable logic and analytical skills, excellent problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and guidance
- Effective at remote deployments/training/trouble shooting/issue resolution
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to successfully interact with all levels of employees
- Ability to assist technology users of varying skill levels
- Superior communication skills, with the ability to “translate” between technical and non-technical language. (Think Apple Store employee)
- Customer-centric attitude
- Have an excellent understanding of PII/sensitive data for vulnerable populations
- Prior work experience in a Human Services-oriented field is a plus
Specific Services Required
- Android/Apple tablets
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A, 10.1”
Android, 32GB with Wi-Fi
- Apple iPad 10.2″
32 GB with Wi-fi or Cellular
- Apple iPad Mini 7.9″
64 GB with Wi-fi or Cellular
- Android and iOS operating systems
- Accessibility/privacy settings of Android/Apple tablets
- Wi-fi configuration for Android/Apple tablets
- Cellular modems for Android/Apple tablets
- Familiarity with the Apple/Google Play Store, and how to download/install apps.
- Familiarity with Cisco remote access functionality (VPN)
- Office 365, Excel formulas, macros and VBA a plus
- Deployment/training/troubleshooting of Android/Apple tablets for the Consumer community
- Ongoing training of Counselors on Office 365 and remote access software (VPN)
- Logging of Consumer tablet issues/training time
- Communication with Counselors if a Consumer needs additional training/tech support exceeding the designated amount
Apply here or Please send to email@example.com
Position Keywords: TROUBLESHOOTING , COMMUNICATION SKILLS , VBA , EXCEL , ADS , VPN , ANDROID,DIRECT , IPAD , SANS , REMOTE ACCESS , TECHNOLOGY IMPLEMENTATION , SOFTWARE , APPLE STORE , APPLE , BRS , PROBLEM-SOLVING , COM , IT SUPPORT , IOS , OPERATIONS SUPPORT , IDS , PANDEMIC , GOOGLE HANGOUTS , MS OFFICE 365 , HELPDESK , , MACROS , STE , ANALYTICAL SKILLS , OFFICE 365 , ANSI
Pay Rate: DOE
Job Duration: 12 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: 80008
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.