***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : IT Service Continuity Project Manager
Location : NW Washington, DC
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 12 Months
Interview Type : Skype or Phone
Work Status : Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S
Job Type : W2
Experience : 5 years
Prefer W2 : U S C/ G C /H1B Transfer/OPT/CPT/H4 EAD and other US work authorization are accepted
The IT Service Continuity Program is tasked with promoting the resilience of IT Operations by formulating strategy, overseeing continuous improvement of IT resiliency and recovery capabilities, mitigating IT operational continuity risks, and ensuring alignment with Business Continuity Management programs’ goals across entities.
- Develops technical and process capabilities to ensure the continued availability of IT systems and services during business disruption.
- Provides program and project management oversight for the implementation of those capabilities.
- Oversees the development and testing of ITS VPU and Country Office IT service continuity and emergency management plans, policies, and processes.
Duties and Accountabilities:
The IT Service Continuity program is seeking to recruit an IT professional who will support the Program Lead in the performance of the program’s core functions including but not limited to program management, continuous process improvement, project management, documentation, resiliency exercise management, risk assessment, integration with ITS stakeholders and client relationship management.
This position requires:
- Experience in information technology and business continuity
- Good writing and analytical skills
- A demonstrated ability to work harmoniously in a team and exercise good judgment.
- The level and quality of these skills will be a determining factor in selection for the position.
- Working under the direction and guidance of, and reporting to, the IT Service Continuity Program Lead, the duties and accountabilities of the IT professional will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Support IT Service Continuity team in responding to major/emergency incident situations.
- Work with project teams and ITSSR Teams to review availability/resiliency requirements for new systems (cloud as well as on-prem) and provide resilient design recommendations in line with the Resilient Architecture Standard.
- Support program efforts to maintain and evolve the IT Resiliency testing program to provide assurance of the viability of ITS’ IT DR position and operational resiliency in support of the institutional business continuity strategy and ITS’ digital transformation strategy (i.e. Cloud adoption, excelling at the basics, etc).
- Develop and maintain of IT Resiliency and Disaster Recovery Plans and Documentation (i.e. exercise methodology, sequence of events, checklists, impact assessment, communications plans…).
- Liaise with IT community to facilitate ongoing testing and reporting on IT disaster recovery and IT Resiliency capabilities in HQ, Hubs and COs.
- Work with technical teams to design the resiliency exercises for the various technical components and systems that are within the scope of the resiliency testing program.
- Review exercise outcomes with the technical teams to identify dependencies, points of failure, risks and areas of improvement (people, processes, technology) to the ITDR position and ensure reporting and ongoing tracking.
- Collaborate on project deliverables with of IT Service Continuity team members to ensure delivery of joint resiliency exercise program objectives.
- Liaise with the Business Continuity Teams and Global Corporate Solutions to ensure close coordination of our programs.
- Liaise with ITS Risk Program to ensure continued tracking and reporting on risks and gaps and their resolution.
- Benchmark capabilities against external best practices and standards to keep target capabilities up to date.
- Maintain impartiality around IT systems to produce unbiased reports on resiliency risk.
- Provide business units with recommendations to reduce resiliency risk within their areas.
- Translate technical/architectural design deficiencies into business risks that are understandable by business stakeholders in order to get buy-in for security investments.
- Review the testing plans and risks identified with the technical teams for technical and process capability optimization.
- Bachelor’s degree in in business administration, information technology or related field with a minimum of 4 years of experience in business continuity management, IT Service Continuity, crisis management and/or operational risk management. Alternatively, a Master’s degree with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience.
- At least 1 year of experience covering the ‘specific job responsibilities’ outlined above.
- 2+ years of business analysis/project management experience.
- Good understanding of IT Service Management and information systems technology to include common computer applications, operating systems, hardware, networks, and application development.
- Experience in working with DevSecOps pipeline from an operational effectiveness perspective.
- Experience in developing and/or reviewing code in AWS, Azure, or other similar platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver information effectively in support of team or workgroup. Good writing and editing skills, with a strong command of English and an ability to convey complex ideas in a clear, direct, and lively format.
- Demonstrated experience of working and navigating in large and matrixed organizations with multi-layered governance structures, complex IT landscapes, and diverse client bases.
- Diplomacy and strong interpersonal skills; commitment to work in a team-oriented, multi-cultural environment; detail oriented.
- Organized, agile, persistent, and proactive. Ability to work and juggle multiple tasks within tight deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate with senior management stakeholders to identify requirements and drive compliance with approved standards.
- Demonstrated track record in managing complexity, identifying interdependencies, and taking a corporate view.
- High level of motivation, confidence, integrity, and responsibility.
- Knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft Office Suite (word, excel, etc,..)
- ITIL Foundations, ISO 20000 Standard or more.
- Certification in IT related business process and compliance standards and frameworks that include IT Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity as key components (CFCP or CBCP, CBRITP, ISO23200 and BS25999, ISO27001, etc.
*****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus******
Apply here or Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: business analysis,project management,DevSecOps,AWS, Azure,,ITIL Foundations, ISO 20000
Pay Rate: DOE/If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 12 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 2680
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S