**** Direct Client Requirement****
Title: IT Facilities Operations Manager (FOM)
Location: Athens, GA.
Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration: 10 Months
Interview Type: Skype or In Person
Work Status: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Job Type: C2C,C2H,W2, Part Time
Experience: 6 YEARS
Under the general supervision of the AVC for Enterprise Resource Management, the IT Facilities Operations Manager (FOM) is responsible for a range of facility-related services associated with the management of an IT office facility. Duties of the FOM include overseeing periodic maintenance and repairs on assets, appliances, furniture, office space, and office equipment and IT equipment within a facility. The FOM also oversees renovation or remodeling efforts and manages contracted resources that are responsible for the maintenance of the facility including the offices, workspaces and furniture within the facility as well as IT server rooms, server and network closets and audio-visual closets. The FOM manages workspace allocations and ensures that an adequate level of supplies is kept at all times, and may work with providers such as building management and outside service vendors. Much of the work is done independently, but some coordination with others is occasionally necessary, so strong communication skills are important in this position. The FOM must also work at a good pace to ensure that facilities are well-maintained at all times, and should have multitasking skills and basic knowledge of building systems such as HVAC and electrical panels
Duties and amount of time spent performing the set of duties will vary based on administrative work cycles but include the following general administrative duties.
- Serves as liaison to landlord and provides supervision of part-time contracted maintenance staff.
- Works closely with landlord related to yearly operating expenses, payment and quotes. Presents related items to supervisor for approval.
- Works with ITS infrastructure teams on issues related to technology for the facility (badging system, Data Center, wiring closets, generator, security system, lighting, etc.).
- Serves a liaison with USO Facilities, landlord, and other teams for completion of Facility Condition Assessment Reports (FCAR) and operational items identified in FCARs.
- Enters and tracks facility work order requests into database and uses that database to assign tasks to contracted maintenance staff.
- Serves as project manager for facility upgrades and enhancements; follows up on punch lists to get work completed.
- Coordinates and manages space planning and assignment tasks.
- Collaborates with IT Networking and Infrastructure teams on data center issues and data and phone support.
- Maintains office supply inventory; makes purchases as needed; coordinates the acquisition and maintenance of department equipment.
- Works to resolve facility issues and repairs when part-time maintenance is not onsite.
- Manages off-site storage, including transporting items to/from storage.
- Coordinates updates to floor plan maps when facility updates or renovations have been completed.
- Helps with facility logistics when events are being held (table set-up, blocking off parking lot, moving of furniture, liaison with local law enforcement authorities as needed, etc.)
- Liaison with University of Georgia (UGA) for services provided to ITS through UGA.
- Works with ITS Administrative Staff to track departmental and facilities inventory.
- Receives and manages distribution of packages and shipments for the facility.
- Works with Business Office for inventory coordination; surpluses equipment through the state’s Equipment Disposal database (Assetworks) when necessary.
- Coordinates emergency planning for the facility, including maintaining inventory of first aid supplies, keeping inventory of emergency radios, coordinating annual evacuation drills, arranging for emergency coordinator training).
- Complete and submit to USO Business Services, the annual SPAR report for value of building contents for the facility.
- Work closely with USO Contracts office to get the facility lease renewed.
Skills and attributes required for successful completion of job responsibility/duty:
- Knowledge of modern office principles and practices.
- Knowledge of Board of Regents policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of facility management principles for IT facilities.
- Basic understanding of building systems such as raised floors, HVAC and electrical panels, elevator operations, etc.
Education or Experience
- Associate’s degree preferred.
- More than five years of experience performing facilities management duties in an IT facility.
- Equivalent combination of education and relevant experience may be considered.Physical Demands
- The work is typically performed while moving throughout the facility and includes walking and, bending. Intermittent sitting, standing or stooping. The employee may be required to lift light- to moderate-weight objects.
- The work is typically performed in various locations within an IT facility.
- Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices.
- Skill in analyzing data and preparing reports.
- Skill in decision making and problem solving.
- Skill in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public and with contract service providers.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- Ability to respond diplomatically to sensitive and critical issues.
- Ability to effectively multi-task.
Required / Desired Skills
Knowledge of modern office principles and practices.
Required 5 Years
Knowledge of facility management principles for IT facilities
Required 5 Years
Basic understanding of building systems such as raised floors, HVAC and electrical panels, elevator operations, etc.
Required 5 Years
Apply here or Please send to email@example.com
Position Keywords: facilities management,HVAC,
Pay Rate: DOE/If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 10 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 2198
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.