***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : IT Manager Communication Specialist
Location : Hartford, CT
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 7 Months
Interview Type : Skype or Phone
Job Type : C2C, C2H, W2
Experience : 9 Years
Provide staff augmentation support to serve as a Communication Specialist and execution resource in DAS’s new Bureau of Information Technology Solutions. The consultant will co-create the communication infrastructure, delivery channels, language, and assets that best integrate a community into a team and that team into a new culture for ~650 employees and ~200 consultants. BITS promises to modernize Connecticut’s delivery of technology solutions in the digital age. To do that, employees and consultants need an environment rich with communication that models the types of products being developed for our constituents and full of language that aligns and achieves. Strategic communication support to senior leaders in executing this change requires a knowledgeable resource.
SCOPE OF WORK
A staff augmentation Communication Specialist resource (one) is required to support the change work. The individual will develop specific communication assets, thought partner on messaging and mediums, identify communication opportunities, and help create a common language that connects the BITS community and compliments the work of the four employee led committees. Internal skill is not available or developed for this role.
SPECIFIC DELIVERABLES TO BE PROVIDED
- Execute the internal communications plan in support of optimization and the new culture
- Manage and creatively refresh multi-channel communications including blog, intranet, and social media
- Support the development and delivery of messaging related to organizational change activities with specific emphasis on the cultural behaviors and branding the new name
- Scan the environment for optimization wins and work with partners to formally communicate them across key stakeholder groups (employees, customers, constituents, and citizens)
- Develop digital material that supports a cool, fun place to work and grow, while communicating key optimization messages – videos, graphic designs, interactive presentations, etc.
- Develop work plans, roadmap documents, and written reports as necessary
- Document the work and capture the learnings
REQUIRED CONSULTANT SKILLS/EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of experience with internal communication, journalism, or related fields.
- 3+ years of experience in social media, digital marketing, and media content creation and experience with Hootsuite or Buffer
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Keen ability to tell persuasive stories through words and images
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Robust knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Canva or similar software.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, English, marketing, advertising, human resources, or similar emphasis.
Deliverables: The descriptions under “Specific Services” form a guide to the anticipated work, as it is currently envisioned. These tasks may be adjusted, reduced or expanded as the project progresses through various phases. The contract employee shall be expected to maintain and provide written documentation on any work performed in conjunction with this engagement.
Duration/Work Schedule: The initial period of work is anticipated to be from November 2021 through June 2022.DAS reserves the right to extend the contract term, if deemed necessary, to support additional functionality; however that decision will not be made until near the end of the initial engagement. All work will be performed in eight (8) hour shifts, 5 days per week, between 7:30am and 6:00pm on normal scheduled business days (Monday to Friday), excluding State holidays. Payment will be on a time and material basis and paid only for hours worked.
State Resources and Oversight: The Connecticut Department of Administrative Services will provide support and guidance to the contractor selected to provide support for these initiatives.
- IT Communication Specialist – Advanced (7-9 Years)
- Presentation skills – Advanced (7-9 Years)
- Project management – Novice (1-3 Years)
- Team work – Advanced (7-9 Years)
*****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus*******
PH: 470-480-2407 EX 101/470-480-2412 EX 103
Apply here or please send to email@example.com
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: Project management,Digital Marketing,HootSuite,Microsoft Excel,Microsoft Word,PowerPoint,Adobe InDesign,Photoshop,Canva
Pay Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 7 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 3543