**** Direct Client Requirement *****
Title: IT Business Analyst
Location: Lansing , MI
Duration: 12 Months
Interview Type: In-Person only
Work Status: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Job Type: Full-Time,W2,C2H, C2C,
Experience: 10 years
The Senior Business Analyst/Consultant serves as the communication bridge between non-technical business users and technical solution developers. The Senior Business Analyst/Consultant has a depth of knowledge in business analysis processes including knowledge of facilitation, methodology, tools, and techniques. The Senior Business Analyst/Consultant is responsible for analyzing the raw data gathered by the project team, then applying the appropriate tools and techniques to create meaningful results. This individual is an active participant in aspects of department assessment, visioning, and reengineering, they rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, they independently perform a variety of complicated tasks, such as identifying and documenting business requirements, they may lead and direct the work of others, and they may report directly to a project lead or manager. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business systems and user needs. Formulates systems to parallel overall business strategies. Experienced with business process reengineering and identifying new applications of technology to business problems to make business more effective. Familiar with industry standard (including Legacy, Core, and Emerging technologies), business process mapping, and reengineering. Prepares solution options, risk identification, and financial analyses such as cost/benefit, ROI, buy/build, etc. Writes detailed description of user needs, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer programs.
- Prepare and document Functional and Technical Specifications for reporting and data warehouse work. Assist with business warehouse/intelligence support and enhancements. Develops RFPs. Assist in deployment and management of end-user reporting tools and platforms. Work with IT and business project teams to understand reporting and data warehousing requirements and propose solutions. Document and provide knowledge transfer to the rest of the Enterprise Reporting Team for all solutions.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Familiar with relational database concepts, and client-server concepts. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under general supervision; typically reports to a project manager. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented and able to quickly absorb and apply key aspects of the projects
- Able to function effectively in a fast paced work environment
- Ability to train end user on software solutions
- Able to handle multiple priorities
- Able to deliver against deadlines with reasonable accuracy
- Good interpersonal skills; ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to effectively deal successfully with a large variety of management personnel and users
- Capability of giving attention to detail while still understanding and dealing with the global aspects of the project
The scope-of work is to serve as a Senior Business Analyst/Consultant for various MDOT projects; the scope-of-work includes the following:
- Facilitate requirements meetings
- Create product and sprint backlogs, identify development tasks, and create test plans/cases
- Document business requirements in EPICS and User Stories, functional and technical specifications
- Track and Trace deliverables, route for review as needed and tabulate feedback
- Connect data mapping pieces to produce end to end conversion schematic
- Post documents to SharePoint
- Conduct research to identify detailed requirements pertaining to interfaces and other key aspects of the project.
- Assist in the creation of presentation materials
- Create As-Is and To-Be process Flows.
- Other duties as required
Location where work is to be performed: Lansing, MI
Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm, M-F
Overall Experience in Business Analyst Role in the Information Technology field.
Required 10 Years
Facilitating requirements gathering and joint application development sessions w/ business clients. Required 8 Years
Creating both functional and technical requirements documentation including EPICS, Features, and User Stories.
Required 4 Years
Leading artifact and system design reviews with peers and system specialists
Required 4 Years
Experience with Agile principles, such as Scrum methodology (creating product and sprint backlogs, user stories)
Required 4 Years
Bachelor s Degree in Business or Information Technology, must have 24 semester hours in IT related courses.
Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
Highly desired 5 Years
Experience working as liaison between business and technical staff.
Required 10 Years
Experience documenting business process flow documents such as As-is and To-Be work flows.
Required 5 Years
Apply here or Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Keywords: epics, features, Agile principles, Scrum methodology
Pay Rate: DOE
Job Duration: 12 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: 615484
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S