**** Direct Client Requirement *****
Title: Information Security Architect
Location: Denver, CO
Duration: 6 Months
Interview Type: Skype or Phone
Work Status: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Job Type: Full-Time,W2,C2H, C2C,
Experience: 5 years
An information security architect has all the same analysis, design, and communication skills as a senior engineer and focuses on providing system wide solutions. Where an engineer may identify one or two valid solutions to a problem, an architect will identify a family of solutions and be able to select the best technical approach for the situation. An architect must be familiar with all the security technologies, solutions, and approaches in common use, and know how to tailor the best approach uniquely. An architect may be required to develop and implement a system wide approach to securing an entire network or data center of information system that is unique and goes beyond existing solutions. Architects develop detailed security standards and procedures that ensure an agency meets security requirements and policies. Architects have extensive industry knowledge and experience with more than one technology. They understand the offerings of all the major vendors in a particular field.
Architects will take on information security work that involves a high level of management and communications skill as well as a high depth and breadth of skill. They must be able to work effectively with broad direction in situations that may not be well defined. People at this level may work with technical, administrative and physical security controls or investigations, or may be involved in developing and implementing security projects, policies, standards or business processes.
1/13/20 6/30/20 estimated (5.5 months initial term)
Note that the need for the resource is urgent and that the state is prepared to select the first qualified candidate.
The requested senior architect resource will develop recommendations and update architecture strategic plans for the Colorado Benefits Management System and associated systems (CBMS).
Primary job duties include the following:
- Address security risk assessment findings and architecture recommendations for the Colorado Benefits Management System (JAVA, WebSphere, Linux, Oracle) and associated systems (Force.com, Cognos, Cloudera, mobile apps)
- Review and analyze current architecture
- Understand architecture requirements and guidelines provided by Federal agencies
- Work with OIT and vendors to development a future architecture with roadmap and recommendations for platform and hosting.
Secondary job duties include the following:
- Assist the state with updating operational processes and procedures in support of security plans for Federal Agencies (Social Security Administration, CMS and IRS)
- Provide recommendations for software and hardware configurations to support security standards and setting up a HW/SW asset license management system.
- Participate in the definition and implementation of projects to implement the roadmap and comply with standards for security and privacy, including MARS E v 2.0 for CMS and publication 1075 for IRS and management of FTI data
- Recommend changes to process or procedures
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a leadership role with responsibility for designing and implementing architecture and hosting strategy that includes experience with SaaS and Cloud solutions.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with security compliance
- Minimum of 3 years experience developing and implementing technical projects
- Deep understanding of complex systems architectures including requirements definition, HW and SW design, scalability, security, load testing, and change management
- Experienced with a variety of platforms, hardware and software
- Strong analytical and research skills using the Internet and other tools
- Strong verbal communication skills and ability to facilitate a planning session or meeting
- Understanding of data governance, including the security requirements for PII, FTI, and PHI.
- Must be able to work independently and be proactive in reaching for information
- Must be comfortable in an environment with change and many concurrent projects
- Understanding of a government environment
- Experience in the application of commonly accepted concepts and practices specific to the secure design and development of technical documents
- Salesforce experience and specialist certifications
Apply here or Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Keywords: java, websphere, linux, oracle, force.com, cognos, cloudera, mobile apps), security c, security, load testing, and change management
Pay Rate: DOE
Job Duration: 6 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: FR#75966
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S