**** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Java Websphere Developer
Location : Salem, OR
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 6 Months
Interview Type : Skype or Phone
Job Type : C2C,C2H,W2
Experience : 10+Years
The Office of Information Services (OIS) is a shared service provider for the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) and the Oregon Department of Human Services (ODHS). OIS provides the technology systems and services that support more than 11,000 OHA and DHS agency staff at local offices and facilities around the state. These systems and services help the two agencies determine client service program eligibility; provide medical, housing, food and job assistance; provide addiction, mental health, vocational and rehabilitative services; protect children, seniors and people with physical and/or developmental disabilities; process claims and benefits; manage provider licensing and state hospital facilities; and promote and protect the state public health.
- eXPRS is a web-based system developed to manage long term care Medicaid services for individuals with intellectual & developmental disabilities (I/DD). eXPRS is managed by the Office of Developmental Disabilities Services (ODDS), a ODHS program, in coordination with the OHA.
- This Project is intended to backfill the eXPRS team with additional resources to address the backlog that has developed over the last three years as the eXPRS application has undergone significant enhancements. This Project is required in order to allow the eXPRS application development team to address additional significant enhancements for the Compass project as well as address significant performance issues with systems processes like Payroll.
- OIS seeks an experienced Software Engineer IV to review, analyze, and modify programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging, and installing application systems to support the needs of the Oregon Department of Humans Services / Oregon Developmentally Disabled Services.
- The selected key person will consult with users to identify current operating procedures and to clarify program objectives. The key person must be familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures, have extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, and perform a variety of tasks.
Contractor’s Key Person shall:
- Assist with issues or remaining development related to the WebSphere Liberty 9 / Power BI Release
- Assist with Redesign the Provider Liability Account (PLA) interface to work more like a bank or credit card statement
- Assist with Redesign the recovery of the Personal Support Worker (PSW) PLA to better align with the current Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA)
- Assist with Report for PSWs to pull to show their liability and how they came to be
- Assist with adding a Claim Type in the Rate table for Trust Rate updates. Also address issues with Trus2 and Trus3 cycles
- Assist with Enhancement of the Provider page, PSW page and Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) to help track required training for PSWs
- Assist with Rate Change Page Redesign
- Assist with the refactoring of claims queries
- Assist with the creation of capability for CMEs to upload claims for Rationed Fee For Service (RFFS) billing
- Assist with Claims RFFS Redesign
- Assist with other Items in the Backlog to include Critical Priority Bugs and Enhancements
- Transition of the concepts and enhancements to existing team members to enable them to provide ongoing support
Required skills and experience:
- Highly skilled Java developer
- Expert-level knowledge and experience with WebSphere Liberty 9 and Java 11
- Expert understanding of IBM DB2 UDB systems and concepts
- Proficient with Eclipse IDE Liberty 9 Plug In
- Proficient with Git source control concepts
- Bachelor’s degree in area of specialty
- At least six years of equivalent experience in the field or in a related area
- Excellent communication skills
In addition, the ideal candidate will have skills and experience in:
- Experience with Oregon Department of Human Services / Office of Developmental Disabilities Services
- Experience with the eXPRS application
Description for a Software Engineer IV:
- Creates and designs new software by analyzing, testing, assessing and implementing programming applications. Supports and installs applications and operating system. Assists in the testing process by conducting reviews and analyses, witnessing tests and participating in software certification. Relies on established guidelines and instructions to perform daily job functions.
- Advanced levels: Creates and designs new software by analyzing, testing, assessing and implementing programming applications. Supports and installs applications and operating system. Assists in the testing process by conducting reviews and analyses, witnessing tests and participating in software certification. Relies on extensive knowledge and professional discretion to achieve goals. May offer consultation to senior leadership and is considered to be the top-level in this field. Usually reports to an executive. Significant ingenuity and flexibility is expected. Requires a bachelor’s degree in a related area.
- Our primary criteria are the qualifications and experience of the proposed key person. Please propose your strongest candidate, at a rate less than or equal to the maximum.
- Interviews will be conducted via MS Teams. Interview times will reflect Pacific Standard Time.
- The selected key person could potentially telecommute, as agreed to between the Agency Authorized Representative and the key person. Any decision to allow telecommuting is made with the understanding that decision will be re-evaluated by the Agency Authorized Representative on a regular basis. The key person should be available to work onsite within a reasonable timeframe.
- A decision to allow telecommuting will be contingent upon the key person demonstrating a strong work ethic and excellent communication skills. Telecommuting will also be contingent upon the key person providing his/her own adequate computer, monitor(s), Internet connection, and telephone, and be readily available during normal working hours via phone, email or Teams instant message. Access to Agency systems will be provided via Citrix Remote Desktop or similar software. No hardware or additional software will be provided at the key person’s home site or his/her PC.
- If the Agency Authorized Representative and key person agree to allow off-site work, the expectation is for that key person to work onsite as soon as the general workforce transitions back into the Agency workplace.
- Work schedule is typically Monday – Friday, 8 AM – 5 PM Pacific Standard Time.
- IBM DB2 UDB – Expert understanding of IBM DB2 UDB systems and concepts – Expert (10+ Years)
- Java – Expert-level knowledge and experience with WebSphere Liberty 9 and Java 11 -Expert (10+ Years)
- DHS/OHA – Experience with Oregon Department of Human Services / Oregon Developmental Disabilities Services – Proficient (4-6 Years)
- eXPRS – Experience with the eXPRS application – Proficient (4-6 Years)
- Communication skills both verbal and written – Advanced (7-9 Years)
- WebSphere – Expert-level knowledge and experience with WebSphere Liberty 9 and Java 11- Expert (10+ Years)
- Eclipse – Proficient with Eclipse IDE Liberty 9 Plug In – Advanced (7-9 Years)
****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus******
PH: 470-480-2413 EX104/470-480-2412 EX103
Apply here or Please send to email@example.com
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: IBM DB2 UDB,Java 11,eXPRS,WebSphere,Eclipse
Pay Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 6 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 3362