***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Helpdesk /LAN Support Technician
Location : Hartford, CT
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 6 Months
Interview Type : Skype or Phone
Work Status : Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Job Type : C2C,C2H,W2
Experience : 3+ YEARS
Prefer W2 : U S C/ G C /H1B Transfer/OPT/CPT/H4 EAD and other US work authorization are accepted
CURRENT SYSTEMS / PROJECTS OVERVIEW
The Board of Pardons and Paroles (BOPP) is seeking a Computer (Helpdesk/LAN) Technician Level 1
Objectives for this engagement include:
• Diagnose and resolve personal computer, laptops and phone problems;
• Diagnose simple software problems;
• Build and deploy tablets and laptops including configuring user specific settings;
• Install new software releases of simple to moderate complexity;
• Manage Active Directory user accounts;
• Manage agency copiers/printers;
• Implement security protocols on computer hardware;
• Assists end users in resolving hardware and software issues in person or by fielding telephone calls and email communication.
Network Services (wired and wireless):
• Provide first level support for network connectivity or related network issues;
• Assist with, diagnosis and resolve simple network problems;
• Assist with the configuration of network components;
• Assist BOPP in updating network and adding end users to such network
• Perform related duties as required.
• Assist in Video Teleconferencing equipment installation and deployment.
• Update / maintain conference room technology on a weekly basis;
3. SCOPE OF WORK
Number of Consultants needed
The project requires one full-time level 1 Computer Technician (helpdesk /LAN technician)
All applicants for this Statement of Work must have a minimum of 2 years of experience in computer hardware/software/LAN network installation and troubleshooting. Please indicate knowledge and experience related to these areas on résumés.
• Expert in building laptops, tablets, desktops with MS Windows 10 operating system
• Proven record installing and troubleshooting software in Windows environment: MS Office, Web browsers, end user equipment such as printers (Toshiba, HP) and scanners (Fujitsu, HP)
• Proven record working with wired and wireless LAN networks, CAT5 – CAT6 cabling, network drivers installation and troubleshooting, connecting new users to the domain
• Basic knowledge of teleconferencing using MS Teams and ZOOM
• Ability to document, track and monitor end user problems to facilitate a timely resolution
• Good written and verbal communication skills with ability to provide extensive documentation as needed
• Strong experience writing documentation
• Strong ability to work with staff of varying skill levels (executive, technical and non-technical)
Nice to Haves
• A+ Certification
• CCNA Certification
4. ADMINISTRATIVE CONSIDERATIONS
Deliverables: The descriptions under “Scope of Work” form a guide to the anticipated work, as it is currently envisioned. These tasks may be adjusted, reduced or expanded as the project progresses through various phases. The consultant(s) shall be expected to maintain and provide written documentation on any work performed in conjunction with this engagement.
State Resources and Oversight: The State will provide support and guidance to the consultant(s) selected for this project. The BOPP ITA2 will be responsible for coordination of resources and services with consultant.
The consultant(s) will:
• Maintain project communications
• Comply with BOPP/DOC policies and procedures
• Review and provide feedback on measurable and achievable deliverables daily; review timelines with the project manager
• Provide daily status on the deliverables for the day
• Work with team members to facilitate technical sessions
• Address and/or escalate issues or risks to deliverables in a timely manner to prevent delays in schedules
• Use the BOPP/DOC-supplied shared site to store and collaborate on project documentation
• Be responsible for reviewing project tasks, schedules, and resources and make changes or additions, as appropriate; measuring and evaluating progress against the Project Management Plan (PMP) with BOPP
• Address and resolve deviations from the PMP
• Participate in regularly scheduled project status meetings
• Prepare and submit Weekly Status Reports to the BOPP IT Manager
• Follow the Project Change Control Procedure
• Resolve deviations from the estimated schedule
• Respond to emails in a timely manner
• Attend, in person, critical meetings as determined by BOPP. A schedule, as well as a regular time and format for these meetings, will be established.
Consultants who fail to meet the requirements of the duties stated above, including providing quality deliverables on time, BOPP may take the following steps:
• After the first lapse, BOPP may provide a verbal warning to the consultant.
• Failure to correct the behavior or after a second lapse, BOPP may issue a written warning to the consultant, including a copy to the vendor.
• Failure to correct the behavior or after a third lapse, BOPP may take further actions, including, but not limited to, termination of the engagement.
******Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus******
Apply here or Please send to email@example.com
Position Keywords: Project Management,Bopp,PMP,A+ Certification • CCNA Certification
Pay Rate: DOE/If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 6 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 2507
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S