***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Help/Service Desk Support
Location : Hartford, CT
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 24+ Months
Interview Type : Skype or phone
Work Status : Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Job Type : C2C,C2H, W2
Experience : 4+ YEARS
Prefer W2 : U S C/ G C /H1B Transfer/OPT/CPT/H4 EAD and other US work authorization are accepted
- PROJECT/SYSTEM/PROGRAM OVERVIEW
DCF INFORMATION SYSTEMS BACKGROUND
The Department of Children and Families depends on the core, mission-critical applications, LINK and IV-E, Connecticut’s Federally-reimbursed SACWIS (Statewide Automated Child Welfare Information System). Implemented in 1996, available on every desktop, and used by over 2,000 social workers and case managers, the application has been enhanced and modified continually to meet data capture and process functionality requirements driven by good child welfare case practice as well as State and Federal legislation and statute. Additionally, LINK continues to experience change chiefly in compliance with the 1991 Juan F. Consent Decree as well as the agency’s ongoing goal of improving the safety, permanency and well-being of children in care. The agency is currently committed to developing the next generation Comprehensive Child Welfare information system (CCWIS) and has invested significant resources to ensure that Connecticut has efficient, economic and effective tools to aid our Child Welfare Staff, Providers and the children and families of CT.
Concurrently, the agency implemented a multi-faceted, agency-wide outcome measure improvement plan that specifically addresses each of the twenty-two (22) outcomes targeted for improvement driven by the original Consent Decree. A number of initiatives that comprise this improvement plan require the support of information technology.
DCF Information Systems provides technology expertise and services as well as an information systems infrastructure to the agency and its roughly 3,300 employees. DCF Information Systems strives to provide and continually improve technology services that are cost-effective and of the highest effectiveness and quality.
This position is considered essential to support the systems required to meet the
agency’s mandated goals and mission as well as provide the agency with support for
enhanced communications capabilities.
- SCOPE OF WORK
The agency needs to continue the service of this Help Desk Technician 3 consultant position. The candidate will participate in the development and maintenance of DCF business systems and SACWIS LINK application. The specific focus of this candidate will be end user support, computer operations and equipment maintenance.
POSITION ROLE AND DELIVERABLES
We currently need a technician to provide help desk and desk-side services to DCF staff
in various locations around the state. Maintaining a customer focus is essential and the incumbent will need to be able to triage problems, troubleshoot issues and work with users and staff at all levels to quickly and efficiently resolve support requirements.
The consultant will be expected to work with various hardware including Dell, HP and Lenovo.
Microsoft Windows 7/10 is the base client operating system. Office 2013/Office365 is the standard desktop productivity package. Systems are loaded with an image and controlled through group policies.
Maintaining good customer relations while triaging and resolving issues is key.
In the role of the Helpdesk Technician the following services are required:
- Assist to agency staff in solving computer issues.
- Excellent communication, presentation, collaboration, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver business and technical value.
- Must be very organized, pro-active and self-directed. Must be able to perform with minimal supervision.
- Must have very strong abstract thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Must have very good verbal and written communication skills.
- Takes proactive escalation of problems, flaws and risks to upper management before serious impact on ROI.
- Coordinates with the other analysts on issues dealing with matters that cross domains and have dependencies. Defines, Documents and communicates with entire team.
- Process Security and IT equipment requests
- Interface with the user(s) and sponsor(s) and all other stakeholders in order to determine their (evolving) needs.
- Ensures that all documentation libraries and artifacts are maintained in the most current state and never allowed to become obsolete.
- Constantly be on the lookout for ways to improve monitoring, discover issues and deliver better value to the customer
- Communicate key insights and findings to team
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
A minimum of 1-3 years of prior experience demonstrating the following knowledge
- PC Hardware and software troubleshooting and imaging
- End user support – face to face, remote control and via telephone
- Familiarity with Windows operating systems and Active Directory
- Experience with Windows 10 support
- Experience with Office 365 support
- Excellent customer service skills
It’s highly desirable that the candidate also have:
- Experience social services applications and business processes.
- Technical familiarity with the DCF Distributed Environment.
******Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus******
Apply here or Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Keywords: Office 365 support,Microsoft Windows 7/10,Office 2013/Office365
Pay Rate: DOE/If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 24 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 2441
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S