***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : GIS Technician
Location : Atlanta, GA
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 6 Months
Interview Type : Skype or In Person
Work Status : Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S
Job Type : C2C,C2H, W2
Experience : 5 years
Prefer W2 : U S C/ G C /H1B Transfer/OPT/CPT/H4 EAD and other US work authorization are accepted
Years of Experience:
- The Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT), Office of Transportation Data (OTD) is seeking a GIS Technician to assist with its Local Government GIS Coordination effort. The position will be part of a team that is using local (city and county) GIS street data to inventory GDOT’s statewide road network. The position will involve editing road centerlines and the associated road characteristics. The position will also require coordination with local government entities to attempt to obtain data and verify ownership of roads.
- The ideal candidate will possess an extensive working knowledge of the ESRI ArcGIS 10.x Desktop software suite and general GIS principles and concepts. The individual should be detail-oriented and highly skilled using the ArcGIS editing tools, and should be familiar with shapefiles, personal/file geodatabases, geodatabase topology and editing in a SDE multi-user database. The candidate should be familiar with querying databases and be able to validate data. The candidate must have the technical agility, focus, flexibility, enthusiasm and vision to complement and enhance the OTD Local Government Coordination Team. The candidate must be able to coordinate, plan, and support simultaneous tasks and GIS projects; query data; prepare and deliver reports to the immediate supervisor and others; use geospatial data in the creation and production of GIS maps and data; and communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Required qualifications include: completion or near completion (in process) four-year college degree in GIS, Geography, or a related field, and proficiency with the ArcGIS 10.x Desktop software suite.
Preferred qualifications include: 2 (or more) years of transportation related experience – creating/editing linear referencing networks, associated attribute data, and familiarity with annexation ordinances, metes and bounds descriptions establishing corporate limits. Additional preference will be given for those that have GIS work experience with a city or county government agency.
Required / Desired Skills
- ESRI 10.4 Working Experience
Required 2 Years
- Do you have 2 or more years of experience working with transportation-related data?
- Have you worked with Annexation Ordinances?
- Have you worked with Linear Referencing Systems?
- Do you have 2 or more years of experience working with a City or County governmental agency?
****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus******
Apply here or Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: ESRI 10.4,ArcGIS 10.x Desktop software suite.
Pay Rate: DOE/If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 6 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 2590
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S