***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : GIS Systems Administrator
Location : Atlanta, GA
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 12 Months
Interview Type : Web Cam Interview or In Person
Job Type : C2C,C2H, W2
Experience : Years
The Georgia Dept. of Transportation (GDOT) is seeking a GIS Systems Administrator to monitor and support GDOT enterprise GIS applications using Esri System Monitor, performs system updates/upgrades, supports Esri Roads and Highways users, develops system jobs within ActiveBatch job scheduling software, assists on IT Project tasks and data migration/development.
- Uses Esri System Monitor and works with server administrators to setup jobs to monitor, alert, and report
- status of GIS applications/services; troubleshoots and resolves issues identified in system monitoring
- Installs/configures ArcGIS Desktops in Citrix/Windows Virtual Desktop and Remote Desktop
- Configures GIS and supports users of Esri Roads and Highways, desktop, web, and mobile applications; provides end user customer support and troubleshooti
- Configures GDOT ArcGIS Portal/Online to support application development and testing
- Develops, configures, and troubleshoots ArcGIS Server services
- Applies GIS patches and updates; assists in validating GIS applications after system maintenance or server updates
- Develops and schedules system jobs with (ActiveBatch) job scheduling software
- Assists in converting/importing data files to GIS formats/geodatabases
- Compiles and updates system support documentation; contributes to team knowledgebase in SharePoint
Work Terms and Conditions:
- Candidate will be working in the GDOT Office of IT Applications. Candidates will work with supporting IT team members (database, network, server, etc.) and interacting with business units. The candidate will follow internal GDOT standards and accepted best practices for developed solutions.
- The position end date is set for the end of the Georgia DOT fiscal year. Georgia DOT may exercise the option to renew contracts in one year increments. Several successful consultants have continued working for several years with contract extensions. However, Georgia DOT is under no obligation to extend contracts and may terminate employment at any time.
- At present, consultant may have the option to telework up to 4 business days, with one business day required in the office. When teleworking, consultant must have suitable internet connection and environment to comply with GDOT telework policies.
- Upon hiring and creation of user account, consultant is to pick-up ID/Security badge and computing equipment at One Georgia Center work location at no travel expense to GDOT.
- Georgia DOT will reimburse authorized travel expense lodging and meals. Georgia DOT will reimburse authorized travel use of a personal vehicle use. Any travel expenses to relocate to Atlanta, GA or in order to start work will not be reimbursed. All travel expense reimbursement shall be in accordance with State Accounting Office Travel
- The Department has 12 holidays, which consultants are not allowed to work nor make up any time for those holiday weeks without management’s approval. Consultants are not to take extended leave during their first year of service (e.g. 2 weeks or greater).
- Consultant must have cell phone which can be used for business calls.
- GDOT does not provide free parking. All routine commuting expenses are the responsibility of the candidate.
Required / Desired Skills
- Esri ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Pro
Required 3 Years
- Customer support and troubleshooting experience
Required 3 Years
- Esri ArcGIS Enterprise Portal/Online
Required 1 Years
- Esri ArcGIS System Monitor
Required 6 Months
- Esri Roads and Highways
Highly desired 2 Years
- Esri ArcGIS Field Mapping (Collector), Survey 123
Highly desired 1 Years
- ArcPy or Python
Highly desired 1 Years
- ActiveBatch Job Scheduling Software
Highly desired 6 Months
*****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus*******
PH: 470-480-2413 EX 104/470-480-2412 EX 103
Apply here or please send to email@example.com
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: Esri ArcGIS Enterprise,Esri Roads,ArcPy or Python
Pay Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 10 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 3489