**** Direct Client Requirement****
Title: GIS Product Specialist
Location: Little Rock. AR
Duration: 12 Months
Interview Type: Web Cam interview
Work Status: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Job Type: C2C, C2H, W2
Experience: 4 YEARS
The National Emergency Number Association (NENA) has defined via national standards the geospatial data requirements for implementation of NG911. The Arkansas GIS Office, acting on behalf of the state 911 Board, is tasked with preparing the required data layers that will ultimately become an integral part of the state’s forthcoming NG911 system. This position will have a significant role in the quality control and assurance of these data layers.
- Researching and applying existing State of Arkansas and NENA standards to applicable datasets including, but not limited to, Public Safety Answering Point (PSAP) boundaries, emergency Service boundaries, road centerlines, and structure address points.
- Assist in developing workflow and routines for ingesting spatial data from a variety of sources, primarily local 911 authorities, into common formats.
- Display and communicate results using GIS on a regular basis.
- Develops, tests, documents and performs data capturing, analysis and quality control procedures on a weekly basis.
- Communicates issues and errors to local constituents in meaningful ways to correct and enhance data quality.
- Enhances and promotes the utilization of GIS through technical support for other team members daily.
- Assists in the quality control and quality assurance testing for address databases, may occasionally participate field verification at local, city or county levels.
- Occasionally travel to county locations to meet with constituents on road centerline, address point, emergency service boundary or other data development, maintenance, and verification.
- Represent the agency with the highest standards of conduct.
- Must be able to communicate on a basic level in nurturing and educational tones with less adept users who are creating and maintaining data at local jurisdictions.
- Must communicate accurate and useful status updates with managers, manage and report time spent on all work activities.
- Must follow established data quality best practices and governance standards.
- Must have the ability to work in a team environment and independently to complete assigned tasks, determine time estimates and schedule for own work, and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Must have knowledge of and demonstrated proficiency with desktop and online Esri ArcGIS software platforms. Working knowledge of Python scripting and Esri Model builder as applicable overall data processing workflow automation is preferred but not required.
Apply here or Please send to email@example.com
Position Keywords: Esri ArcGIS,GIS databases,Python scripting
Pay Rate: DOE
Job Duration: 12 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 2067
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S