***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : GIS Developer
Location : Atlanta, GA
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 12 Months
Interview Type : Web Cam Interview or In Person
Job Type : C2C,C2H, W2
Experience : 8 Years
- Develops COTS and customized Esri ArcGIS web applications, web services, mobile, and enterprise
- Develops geoprocessing and GIS web services
- Develops GIS web editing/mapping applications
- Conducts performance, unit, system, integration, and quality assurance testing of applications
- Maintains existing applications/services
- Upgrades and migrates existing applications/services to current version/systems architecture
- Assists with end user support and creates support documentation
- Works closely with other developers and architects
- Estimates work effort and proposes development solutions
- Assists in the integration of Esri Roads and Highways and AgileAssets
- Candidate will be working in the Enterprise GIS Team of IT Applications. Candidates will work with supporting IT team members (database, network, server, etc.) and interacting with business units. The candidate will follow internal SLDC, standards, and accepted best practices for developed solutions.
- The Enterprise GIS team is composed of 2 ArcGIS developers, 2 System Administrators, a data manager, and team leader. The team supports over 180 ArcGIS Desktop users and approximately 60,000 annual ArcGIS Server web visits. Applications support GIS portal, feature mapping, project planning, emergency operations, permitting, safety, and traffic records.
- The team develops enterprise GIS services, applications, and databases. The team coordinates with client, server, network, and database/data warehouse personnel to support and develop the underlying IT solutions.
Work Terms and Conditions:
- Candidate will be working in the GDOT Office of IT Applications. Candidates will work with supporting IT team members (database, network, server, etc.) and interacting with business units. The candidate will follow internal GDOT standards and accepted best practices for developed solutions.
- The position end date is set for the end of the Georgia DOT fiscal year. Georgia DOT may exercise the option to renew contracts in one year increments. Several successful consultants have continued working for several years with contract extensions. However, Georgia DOT is under no obligation to extend contracts and may terminate employment at any time.
- At present, consultant may have the option to telework up to 4 business days, with one business day required in the office. When teleworking, consultant must have suitable internet connection and environment to comply with GDOT telework policies.
- Upon hiring and creation of user account, consultant is to pick-up ID/Security badge and computing equipment at One Georgia Center work location at no travel expense to GDOT.
- Georgia DOT will reimburse authorized travel expense lodging and meals. Georgia DOT will reimburse authorized travel use of a personal vehicle use. Any travel expenses to relocate to Atlanta, GA or in order to start work will not be reimbursed. All travel expense reimbursement shall be in accordance with State Accounting Office Travel Policy
- The Department has 12 holidays, which consultants are not allowed to work nor make up any time for those holiday weeks without management’s approval. Consultants are not to take extended leave during their first year of service (e.g. 2 weeks or greater).
- Consultant must have cell phone which can be used for business calls.
- GDOT does not provide free parking. All routine commuting expenses are the responsibility of the candidate.
Required / Desired Skill s
- ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Portal for Organization experience as Administrator
Required 3 Years
- Programming/application development experience
Required 8 Years
Required 5 Years
- Esri ArcGIS Server services and GeoProcessing services development
Required 4 Years
- PL/SQL, SQL
Required 5 Years
- Python Scripting
Required 5 Years
- Esri WebApp Builder
Required 3 Years
- Esri Geoevent Processor, Roads and Highways, and/or Image Server Experience
- Experience with industry-standard technologies such as HTML, CSS, XML, XSLT, Git, HTML5, Dojo, Kendo UI, Angular, Dijit, etc.
Bachelor’s in geography, GIS, computer science, or a related field
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas, whether to other technical peers or non-technical project managers or customers
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and teamwork skills
- Ability to isolate/solve any number of problems from code bugs to database connectivity to application server or operating system failures
- Knowledge of geospatial and mapping concepts such as spatial analysis, map projections, etc.
- Experience with current technology implementation patterns including service-oriented and cloud
- Knowledge of IT security concepts and implementation patterns within Esri technology
- Geodatabase Administration experience with multi-user versioned environment
- Experience with Esri Roads and Highways, Dynamic segmentation and linear referencing systems/methods, transportation data models
- Experience with ArcGIS Apps – Collector, Navigator, Survey 123, Operations Dashboard, etc.
- URISA GISP or Esri Enterprise Certification
- Experience with SafeSoftware Feature Manipulation Engine (FME)
*****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus*******
PH: 470-480-2412 EX 103
Apply here or please send to email@example.com
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Pay Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 12 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 3487