***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : GIS Coordinator
Location : Lincoln, NE
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 14 Months
Interview Type : Skype or Phone
Job Type : C2C,C2H, W2
Experience : 6 Years
- This position will be responsible for facilitating the analysis, design and support of the Geographic Information System (GIS) for the Public Health branch of the Department of Health and Human Services for the State of Nebraska. Responsibilities in performing that function include establishing common goals, program objectives, project priorities, operational policies, technical policies and strategic plans for GIS in collaboration with other entities within the State of Nebraska government entities. Will serve as a liaison between the business end users and application developers. The individual will need to have strong coordination and organizational skills and the ability to foster collaboration and advocate for GIS advancement with decision makers. Will serve as the functional lead for the Public Health GIS team to coordinate projects, provide technical instruction/assistance, investigate system malfunctions, and monitor work progress. Other duties include preparing ad hoc reports and presentations, establishing, implementing and reviewing procedures and standards, preparing correspondence, as well as technical and management reports for the unit and departmental programs and leaders. Experience coordinating the development of web-based GIS applications, datasets, and maps, and performing tasks such as geocoding addresses within various databases is required. Public Health experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in technology related field of study or equivalent. Specific coursework in planning, geography, computer science or engineering. A minimum of five years’ experience, on an enterprise-wide basis with increasing responsibility for coordination, facilitation and policy development in the GIS environment is required. Experience with project planning, resource planning, work plan development, and project management processes, including executive reporting, status reporting, issue, risk, change and quality management. Knowledge of advanced GIS principles and practices as well as ESRI software is required.
- Good communications skills are required. Must be able to demonstrate past experiences of working with individuals and diverse groups to build teams and maintain lasting consensus. Must be able to interpret rules, regulations and policies and make recommendations in accordance with established precedent. Experience in healthcare or public health settings preferred.
- Skills in active listening; oral and written comprehension and expression; critical thinking; deductive reasoning; initiative; innovation; judgment and decision making; making decisions and solving problems; organizing, planning and prioritizing; performing administrative tasks; persuasion; providing consultation and advice to others; solution appraisal; system evaluation; time management.
This contract will run through December 1, 2022 with the potential to extend.
- A minimum of five years’ experience, on an enterprise wide basis with increasing – Proficient (4-6 Years)
- Experience with project planning – resource planning, work plan development, and project management processes, including executive reporting, status reporting, issue, risk, change and quality management.
- Knowledge of advanced GIS principles and practices as well as ESRI software
- Bachelor’s degree in technology related field of study or equivalent – Specific coursework in planning, geography, computer science or engineering.
*****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus*******
PH: 470-480-2407 EX 101/470-480-2412 EX 103
Apply here or please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: GIS Applications,GIS,Database,Quality Management,ESRI Suite,Project Management,Work Plan Development,Project Planning,Healthcare
Pay Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 14 Month
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 3598