**** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Healthcare HIPAA IT Network Engineer
Location : Atlanta, GA
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 12 Months
Interview Type : Skype or In Person
Job Type : C2C,C2H,W2
Experience : 10 Years
Oversees multiple Fulton County Board of Health IS projects of a complex nature. Responsible for assembling project teams, assigning individual responsibilities, developing schedules and coordinating all necessary resources to ensure timely completion of projects. Plans and organizes the unit’s work to meet the organization’s objectives. Directs and reviews work assignments.
- Develops standards, specifications and methodologies for systems operation.
- Analyze business needs presented by users and recommend technical solutions with completion timeline.
- Directs and coordinates the analysis, design, construction, testing, implementation, operation and support of information systems.
- Maintain organization’s effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans.
- Directs and develops, communicates and monitors project work plans and schedules for the development and support of information systems.
- Establishes IT policy and participates in the coordination of systems administration and network administration.
- Evaluates and assesses new technology for possible application.
- Verify application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
- Preserve assets by implementing disaster recovery, backup procedures, information security and control structures. Install hardware and peripheral components.
- Load appropriate software packages such as operating systems.
- Administer email and anti-virus systems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve user issues relative to all corporate software in a timely manner.
- Participate in all hardware and software evaluations and maintains vendor contracts.
- Accomplishes information technology staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring,
- and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Oversees the development and implementation of IT projects and initiatives.
- Produce detailed timelines and implement effective project control for each software release.
- Oversees the evaluation of the unit’s internal processes, procedures and technologies to improve efficiency and ensure quality.
- Work closely with the Agency’s Emergency Preparedness Department to plan and coordinate IT functions in the event of an Emergent Event.
- Work as a Critical Staff Member in accordance with the Emergency Preparedness and Response Plan of the Agency. Will be expected to evacuate with the Agency in the event of an Emergent Event.
- Recommend information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes, identifying problems, and anticipating organizational requirements.
- Accomplish financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective action.
- Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Identify and fill service gaps within the department and/or agency.
- Support coworkers and other departments when necessary.
- Direct research in emerging technology by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects.
- Provides leadership to subordinate managers and staff.
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, information technology, public administration, management information systems or a related field from an accredited college or university AND Ten years of demonstrated executive level IT experience, Five years of which include management/supervisory experience.
- Public Health experience; 10+ years IT experience with desktop and network; 5 years’ experience with Cisco Unified Communications, Physical Access and Video Surveillance Manager; MCSE or CCNE; 5+ years’ experience managing/supervising a staff of 3 or more IT technicians; Experience in a health care setting working with Electronic Health Records (EHR), HIPAA Compliant Networks and Systems, Meraki switches, VPN Connections, Off-site Hosting environments, Active Directory Administration, Vendor Management.
- Department requires the following personal characteristics: Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; Ability to function in a fast-paced environment and prioritize multiple projects to meet establishe
- guidelines; Ability to effectively interact and provide support and guidance to agency leaders; High integrity and honesty; Strong commitment to providing superior customer service to both internal and external customers; Positive attitude and high levels of personal commitment.
- Data Utilization: Requires the ability to synthesize, hypothesize, and/or theorize concerning data involving
- modification of existing policies, strategies and/or methods to meet unique or unusual conditions. Requires the ability to do so within the context of existing organizational theories and management principles.
- Human Interaction: Requires the ability to function in a managerial capacity for a division or organizational unit; includes the ability to make decisions on procedural and technical levels. Equipment, Machinery, Tools, and Materials Utilization: Requires the ability to operate and control the actions of equipment and machinery, requiring the monitoring, adjustment, regulation, and/or setting of multiple conditions.
- Verbal Aptitude: Requires the ability to utilize a wide variety of reference, descriptive, advisory and/or design data and information.
- Mathematical Aptitude: Requires the ability to perform moderately complex algebraic and geometric
operations; ability to utilize principles of basic probability and statistical inference.
- Functional Reasoning: Requires the ability to apply principles of logical or synthesis functions; to deal with several concrete and abstract variables; and to analyze major problems that require complex planning for interrelated activities that can span one or several work units.
- Situational Reasoning: Requires the ability to exercise judgment, decisiveness and creativity in critical and/or unexpected situations involving moderate risk to the organization.
Required / Desired Skills
- BA in business administration, information technology, public administration, management information systems or a related field
Required 4 Years
- Ten years of demonstrated executive level IT experience, Five years of which include management/supervisory experience.
Desired 10 Years
- Public Health experience; 10+ years IT experience with desktop and network;
Desired 10 Years
- Experience with Cisco Unified Communications, Physical Access and Video Surveillance Manager; MCSE or CCNE
Desired 5 Years
- Experience managing/supervising a staff of 3 or more IT technicians
Desired 5 Years
- Experience in a health care setting working with Electronic Health Records (EHR), HIPAA Compliant Networks and Systems
Desired 3 Years
- Experience with Meraki switches, VPN Connections, Off-site Hosting environments, Active Directory Administration, Vendor Management.
Desired 3 Years
*****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus*******
PH:470-480-2407 EX 101/ 470-480-2412 EX 103
Apply here or please send to email@example.com
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: Electronic Health Records (EHR), HIPAA Compliant Networks,Meraki switches, VPN Connections, Off-site Hosting environments, Active Directory Administration, Vendor Management.,Cisco
Pay Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 12 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 3380