***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Esri ArcGIS support specialist
Location : Atlanta, GA
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 7 Months
Interview Type : Skype only
Job Type : C2C,C2H,W2
Experience : 7 Years
The Georgia Dept. of Transportation (GDOT) desires an Esri ArcGIS end user support specialist to analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve technical support requests. Contacts users to clarify, isolate, replicate, and troubleshoot issues. Resolves or escalates issue to more experienced staff. Provides user instruction/guidance. Assists GIS/IT Teams in implementing solutions. May develop and conduct training programs to support GDOT GIS User Group.
- Acts as 1st line/tier of GIS technical support for GDOT
- Validates operation of virtual ArcGIS Desktop and ArcGIS Pro environments and enterprise GIS applications
- Provides excellent customer service, follow-up, and follow-through to address customer concerns or needs; acts as a customer liaison
- Escalates technical issues and coordinates with IT staff to resolve problems and provide solutions, consults with Esri support as needed Instructs customers in using Esri ArcGIS solutions and supported applications, enables customers to be more productive with GIS Develops, updates, or maintains system/technical documentation as needed
- Performs a variety of special projects and assignments and provides on-call support as needed
- Develops GDOT GIS User Group, resources, and assists in training material creation
Work Terms and Conditions:
- Candidate will be working in the GDOT Office of IT Applications. Candidates will work with supporting IT team members (database, network, server, etc.) and interacting with business units. The candidate will follow internal GDOT standards, and accepted best practices for developed solutions.
- The position end date is set for the end of the Georgia DOT fiscal year. Georgia DOT may exercise the option to renew contracts in one year increments. Several successful consultants have continued working for several years with contract extensions. However, Georgia DOT is under no obligation to extend contracts and may terminate employment at any time.
- At present, consultant may have the option to telework up to 4 business days, with one business day required in the office. Consultant must work on USA Eastern Time. Consultant must have suitable internet connection and environment to comply with GDOT telework policies.
- Upon hiring and creation of user account, consultant is to pick-up ID/Security badge and computing equipment at One Georgia Center work location at no travel expense to GDOT.
- Consultant is not expected to travel. However, in the event it is needed, Georgia DOT will reimburse authorized travel expense lodging and meals. Georgia DOT will reimburse authorized travel use of a personal vehicle use. Any travel expenses to relocate to Atlanta, GA or in order to start work will not be reimbursed. All travel expense reimbursement shall be in accordance with State Accounting Office Travel Policy: https://sao.georgia.gov/state-travel-policy
- The Department has 12 holidays, which consultants are not allowed to work nor make up any time for those holiday weeks without management’s approval. Consultants are not to take extended leave during their first year of service (e.g. 2 weeks or greater).
- Consultant must have cell phone which can be used for business calls. GDOT does not provide free parking at One Georgia Center. All routine commuting expenses are the responsibility of the candidate.
Required / Desired Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in related field from accredited college or university
- Knowledge and experience with Esri ArcGIS Desktop and or ArcGIS Pro
Required 3 Years
- Graduate GIS Certificate, URISA GISP, Esri ArcGIS Certification, or other related GIS
- Experience with ArcGIS Online or related mobile applications
- Experience working with Esri geodatabases, or any other GIS data experience
- Passion to provide excellent customer service and build effective customer relationships
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, collaboration, and teamwork skills
*****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus*******
PH:470-480-2407 EX 101\470-480-2412 EX 103
Apply here or please send to email@example.com
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: Graduate GIS Certificate, URISA GISP, Esri ArcGIS Certification,Esri ArcGIS Desktop,ArcGIS Pro
Pay Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 6 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 3671