*** Direct Client Requirement****
Title: Drupal Web Developer (CSS, PHP, HTML)
Location: Des Moines, IA
Duration: 12 Months
Interview Type: Webcam Interview
Work Status: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Job Type: C2C, W2
Experience: 6 YEARS
Iowa Workforce Development (IWD) is seeking a polished, highly motivated, and detail-oriented Drupal expert to join its fast-paced Information Technology team.
In this role, the contractor will work in collaboration with the IWD Communications department and various IT teams to maintain existing Drupal sites, field, and implement customer requests, in addition to leading the migration of the current platform to Drupal 8 or 9.
This position will work alongside the IWD Communications team, as well as senior business Stakeholders and Executive Management, to realize strategic goals centered around innovation and customer engagement. This position will leverage IWD digital assets to further awareness, education, and outreach of services provided by IWD to Iowans. This position is responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of an extensive suite of citizen-facing workforce development websites that offer essential services, including access to employment and training programs. These websites are critical in supporting State-level initiatives focused around helping Iowan businesses and individuals with unemployment, re-employment, and education.
Additionally, the position will provide expertise and technical skills most notably in the Drupal CMS Platform and pertinent modules, and will lead the Drupal upgrade and migration from version 7 to version 8 (or 9), including the planning and execution of a full-scale upgrade across all existing sites; migration and archival of all content; evaluation and preparation of current modules; assessment and development of custom modules and code.
This position will adhere to the State of Iowa Web Publishing Standards, as well as web accessibility guidelines such as WCAG and 508 Compliance.
Day to day responsibilities include:
• Partnering with the IWD Communication team and business stakeholders for planning, design, development, and testing for all IWD Drupal websites
• Ensuring the platform and all modules updates are thoroughly tested and implemented.
• Maintaining all existing websites
• Configuring user roles and permissions.
• importing and export content.
• Training managers and user.
• Planning and executing upgrades.
• Monitoring site performance and analytics
• Corresponding with Acquia account manager and technical support
• Providing web accessibility guidance
• Developing user guides and other support materials.
Approximate breakdown in responsibilities.
• Module and Core code updates and testing – 10%
• Module investigation and testing – 5%
• CSS development and testing – 10%
• Troubleshooting and resolution – 15%
• User support – 10%
• Migration to Drupal 8-9 – 20%
• Theme development for Drupal 8-9 – 10%
• Learning and research – 5%
Apply here or Please send to email@example.com
Pay Rate: DOE
Job Duration: 12 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 2048
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S