Title: DevOps Engineer/Architect
Location: Durham, NC
Duration: 6-12 Months
Interview Type: Skype or phone
Work Status: U.S. Citizens, Green Card Holders, and those authorized to work in the U.S. for any employer will be considered’
Job Type: C2C, W2, C2H
Experience: 9 Years
Must have: DevOps, Java or Python, Docker/Kubernetes, CI/CD, Jenkins, Ansible
Must be Green Card (perm resident) or US Citizen
(This Position would be DevOps Focused)
Responsible for leading the architecting and engineering of various and complex aspects of platform architecture and services in cloud hosted infrastructures which might include network, compute, storage, application servers, middleware, and database. Lead the analysis of current and future requirements to effectively design analytics platform solutions while determining design feasibility from both technical and economic perspectives. Develop and maintain technical standards, procedures and documentation in partnership with service partners as needed. Coordinate the compilation and analysis of operational data and direct proofs of concept to establish standard for new designs and modifications to existing platform processes. Independently partner and consult with varied technical, business, project and management staff to identify and plan, assess platform designs and impacts, while developing solutions to any resolve design problems.
• Coordinate the planning and development of highly complex engineering designs in support of the implementation of platform for integrated software, database, and analytics solutions.
• Lead the development of an analytic technology ecosystem so that the tools work seamlessly together
• Ensure data scientists, data engineers, and analysts have the tools needed on the analytics platform
• Lead the definition and development of the analytics platform fit the needs of Data and Analytics and support advanced analytics
• Provide thought leadership and expertise in emerging technologies with strategic technology vendors
• Provide leadership in software and hardware licensing, financial and capacity activities within the environment
• Proactively provide information and ongoing consultation for DnA and business
• Lead the detailed design of larger and/or more complex internal projects collaborating with IT stakeholders, service owners and partners.
• Provide operational readiness through the engineering, planning, coordination, and execution of performance and tuning analysis, systems support, incident and problem resolution, software installation, and upgrades.
• Provide detailed guidance and consultation in solutioning production incidents when required.
• Maintain appropriate standardized guidelines, work procedures and schedules to expedite workflow and ultimately improve efficiencies.
• Build collaborative relationships with the broader architecture community to effectively maintain technical roadmaps and provide input into strategies and standards related to area of specialization.
• Lead collaboration with vendors on infrastructure/technology designs to ensure the final product is what was architected or designed and supports DnA needs
• Provide technical recommendations as we build our CI / CD pipeline and supporting toolsets
• Support and maintain physical, virtual, and containerized application servers.
• Write and maintain automation scripts for system maintenance and administration.
• Bachelor’s degree and 7 years of cloud engineering/architecture experience is required.
• In lieu of degree, 9 years of cloud engineering/architecture experience.
• Has a clear focus on driving CI/CD and automation to modern techniques and practices
• Significant experience and expertise in one or more of the following technical specialties: software development, cloud deployments, network, compute, storage, analytics, and database.
• Experience automating tasks associated with technical specialties.
• Experience integrating analytics technology with cloud-based platforms.
• Experience successfully leading cloud platform projects and initiatives, specifically projects/initiatives that support advanced analytics
• Experience in multiple technical specialties preferred.
• A clear focus on driving CI/CD and automation to modern techniques and practices
• Experience in one or more of the following technologies (aligning with relevant technical specialties):
o AWS API’s
o Docker, Kubernetes
o Compute virtualization
o Ondemand and autoscaling compute
o Network function virtualization
o Linux containers
• Experience engineering technologies to be delivered “as a service” and an understanding of concepts of multi-tenancy.
• Strong technical aptitude in varied areas.
• Must be able to work independently and be self-sufficient in defining and realizing infrastructure designs.
• Team and customer service oriented, flexible and adaptable with proven ability to solve problems in a collaborative and timely manner.
• Solid background in data collection, analysis, and reporting.
• Proven debugging skills
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
• Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities with strong organization and planning skillset.
• Knowledge of Systems Development Life Cycle Methodologies and process flows.
• Ability to correlate technical actions to business impact
• Flexible and adaptable with focus on effectively managing change.
• Relevant technical certification preferred.
• Nice to have: AWS or Azure Certification
Apply here or Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Keywords: DevOps,cloud,CI/CD,Jenkins o GitLab o Jira o AWS API's o Ansible o Docker, Kubernetes , Artifactory ,Confluence , Compute virtualization Python ,Java
Pay Rate: DOE
Job Duration: 12 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: NTT DATA
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S