**** Direct Client Requirement****
Title: Desktop Technician
Location: Atlanta, GA
Duration: 6 Months
Interview Type: Web Cam or In Person
Work Status: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
Job Type: C2C, W2
Experience: 4 YEARS
Six Month Project
On-Site Work Only
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Associate’s degree from an accredited institution or an equivalent combination of relevant education and/or experience, Technical Diploma, Associate’s degree, or 1 or more years of college course work and 1 or more years experience; OR High School diploma and 2 or more years experience
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Technical Diploma, Associate’s degree, or 2 or more years of college course work and 1 or more years experience; OR High School diploma and 2 or more years experience
- Maintain documentation of all work performed.
- Complete installations of new computer equipment with Windows 10 and following the UITS checklist, including complete backup and transfer of data from old device to new.
- Ensure all devices containing user data are securely stored.
- Ensure all devices such as scanners, local and network printers are installed and working properly.
- Reinstall peripherals and any other user needed software on new device.
- Organize and maintain IT equipment stored in the IT storerooms and warehouses.
- Effectively and accurately communicate with clients and colleagues.
- Maintains a neat and orderly working environment and files various IT inventory documents in accordance with UITS processes.
- Ensure compliance with all current Kennesaw State University security protocols as well as FERPA, HIPPA, USG and State of Georgia policies to protect data and prevent data breaches.
Able to appropriately assess and communicate risks, benefits, and alternatives
Able to interface appropriately and professionally with students, faculty, staff, and grant sponsors
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Windows 10 and Microsoft Office suite and other applications)
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and able to act as a customer advocate
Able to work and collaborate closely with our UITS Staff members in the field
Able to adjust, flexible and accept recommendations and guidance from our UITS colleagues
Apply here or Please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Keywords: FERPA, HIPPA, Windows 10 and Microsoft Office
Pay Rate: DOE
Job Duration: 6 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 2092
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S