***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Desktop Support Specialist
Location : Dover, DE
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 2 Months
Interview Type : Skype or Phone
Job Type : C2C,C2H,W2
Experience : 2+ Years
This is an elevated Service Desk role that is 95% phone support for internal and external customers.
The technician troubleshoots, resolves, documents and escalates tickets as necessary.
Excellent communication and customer service skills are a must.
The primary function of this position is to troubleshoot, resolve and manage tier 1, IT support issues over the phone. This position is customarily a first shift position, but the candidate must be willing to other shifts as needed. Initially this will be a remote support position, the candidate must have access adequate access to the internet and an appropriate workspace to work effectively. The technician will be provided the necessary hardware to perform the required duties. At some point, the candidate will be required to report on site. Work location will be New Castle, DE. Rare or occasional travel to Dover DE may be required in contractor’s own vehicle.
Years of Relevant Experience: 2 to 4 years of helpdesk and/or desktop experience. Preferred Education: A+ Certification and Network + Certification or demonstrated equivalent. Role Description: – 95 % Support, by phone. – Specialists perform basic troubleshooting of network connectivity and infrastructure issues. -Interface with outside vendors (Verizon and others) to assist in team/and customer support for field locations related to outages and telecom issues. – Basic troubleshooting of LAN/WAN issues -Remote troubleshooting of desktop issues -Thorough documentation and (when necessary) escalation of all incident tickets, utilizing our Service Delivery Tool (Service Now) – Assess, report and communicate between all parties for problem resolution (including, but not limited to, field support deployment). – Proactive responsiveness to time sensitive issues. -Escalate complex issues as necessary -This is a diverse business process environment that requires independent critical thinking. The Desktop Support Specialist provides day to day help desk support for the customer base of the Department of Technology and Information (DTI). Responsible for the execution of DTI Service Desk contact, problem, incident and request management policies and procedures. Responsible for the diagnosis, troubleshooting and tracking of all computer-related incidents. Responsible for escalating problems and incidents to designated level 2 and level 3 help desk support entities. Responsible for reporting incident status and system outage notifications to customers, technical staff and applicable management entities. Responsible for logging incidents and problem resolution activities into a computerized tracking system. Responsible for maintaining a robust and accurate knowledge base repository. Responsible for providing hands-on PC and peripheral equipment troubleshooting, repair and installation support. Responsible for generating help desk related performance statistics, as required.
- Prior experience working in a technical phone support role – Required 2 Years
- Prior experience with the diagnosis, troubleshooting and tracking of computer-related incidents. – Required 2 Years
- Prior experience providing hands-on PC and peripheral equipment troubleshooting, repair and installation support. – Required 1 Years
- Prior experience escalating problems and incidents to designated level 2 and level 3 help desk support entities – Required 1 Years
- Prior work interfacing with outside vendors to assist in team/and customer support for field locations related to outages and telecom issues – Required 1 Years
- Prior experience in a role that requires customer centric focus coupled with problem solving abilities – Required 1 Years
- Prior experience working with a service ticketing tool – Required 1 Years
- Troubleshooting of Basic LAN/WAN issues -Highly desired 1 Years
- Prior experience in working multiple shifts – Desired 1 Years
- Prior experience with ServiceNow – Desired 1 Years
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills – Required
Very strong customer service skills – Required
*****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus******
Apply here or Please send to email@example.com
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: troubleshooting and tracking,service ticketing tool,technical phone support role
Pay Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 2 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 3024