***** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Help Desk (Device) Support Specialists
Location : Atlanta, GA
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 6 Months
Interview Type : Skype or Phone
Work Status : Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S
Job Type : C2C,C2H, W2
Experience : 5 years
Prefer W2 : U S C/ G C /H1B Transfer/OPT/CPT/H4 EAD and other US work authorization are accepted
The Atlanta Public School System is seeking the services of multiple Student Device Support Specialists to provide technical and asset management support to APS schools and administrative locations.
Atlanta Public Schools’ Digital Bridge program allows students to access and take advantage of digital resources and tools at both school and home. The Student Device Support Specialist directly supports students to ensure they have the opportunity to engage in 21st Century Learning. He/she will be assigned to 1 or more schools or locations. The number of assigned locations depends on the student enrollment and number of employees. Work is directed by the Digital Bridge Program Manager for the assigned cluster to meet the operational needs of the assigned school. He/she will work under the supervision of the Digital Bridge Program Manager.
Scope of Work/Key Responsibilities:
Adhere to established standard operating procedures and service level agreements through the following:
- Maintain exceptional customer service posture at ALL TIMES.
- Build strong relationships with the school administration team, including but not limited to the Principal, Assistant Principal, Main Office staff, business managers and media specialists.
- Monitor assigned support tickets for assigned locations; troubleshoot and resolve issues reported.
- Escalate complex issues to the senior technician for the assigned cluster as first point of contact.
- Support a teaming environment with field support technicians at other schools within your assigned cluster and beyond.
Perform support activities including but not limited to:
- Maintain and update Chrome carts for student use.
- Install OS updates and patches on Chrome, Apple and Windows based PC devices.
- Maintain accurate asset assignments in Asset Management System.
- Conduct bi-annual inventory of student devices.
- Maintain work areas and work spaces.
- Coordinate removal of obsolete equipment as required.
- Serve as first point of contact for Media Center Specialists/Technical Liaisons for one-to-one student devices.
- Assist with planning, coordination, deployment & collection of student equipment.
- Document all work performed (and steps to resolve issues) at all times within ticketing system for audit or knowledgebase purposes.
- Record and submit checklists or other documentation as required for upward reporting and accountability.
- Attend mandatory monthly professional development meetings.
- Retrieve parts or other items needed to resolve issues from the APS IT Warehouse.
- Serves as lead asset management specialist for schools.
- Ensures Digital Bridge technical teams are following set processes & procedures.
- Technical support liaison between Schools, Information & Instructional Technology.
- Works directly with break-fix vendor on receiving equipment and turning equipment over for repairs or re-distribution.
- Liaison and Asset Management & Ticketing System ambassador for schools.
- Trains and assists Digital Bridge Team members with Incident IQ asset management & ticketing.
- Works with School Field technicians on device support flow for existing assets outside of the 40,000 new student devices.
- 6 months (initial)
- Option to extend annually – based on performance.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 3+ years of work experience minimum
- A+ Certification a plus
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in understanding network infrastructure and wireless support
- Prior experience with desk side support is a MUST
- Microsoft Windows certification is a plus
- ITIL experience/certification is a plus
- Must have clean criminal record with the ability to pass fingerprint background check
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
- Must hold a valid driver’s license and dependable personal vehicle
- Must be punctual, present and visible throughout the work day
- Creative, curious, analytical, enthusiastic and display strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and effectively on tight deadlines, as necessary
- Excellent command of English language
- Exceptional customer service skills, including the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of customers
- Positive and productive team player
- Desire to learn new skills as technology evolves
- Business casual attire(i.e., no sweat pants or jeans with holes; sneakers/basketball shoes allowed)
- Neat and clean appearance to include personal hygiene
- Minimum of Associate degree (preferred)
- 3+ years of experience in field tech support. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Communication skills both verbal and written Advanced
- Customer Service Advanced
- Deskside support experience Proficient
- Field tech experience Advanced
- ITIL experience/certification Proficient
- Microsoft Windows Certification Proficient
****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus******
Apply here or Please send to email@example.com
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: Customer Service,ITIL,Microsoft Windows Certification
Pay Rate: DOE/If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 6 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 2595
Work Authorization: Successful applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S