**** Direct Client Requirement*****
Title : Data Governance Architect
Location : Denver, CO
Rate : DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Duration : 15 Months
Interview Type : Skype or Phone
Job Type : C2C,C2H,W2
Experience : 12 Years
Client looking for a contractor to provide Data Governance services in support of the Statewide Longitudinal Data Systems (SLDS) federal grant efforts. CDE received the grant award in 2020, and it will continue until at least 2023, with funding renewed annually in February. This longitudinal data project focuses on two areas, Adult Education (AE) and Concurrent Enrollment (CE). There is a significant technology component to this grant effort, CDE already has data linking technology in place and part of the grant commitment is to modernize the technology. The project team consists of database experts, ETL programmers, business and data analysts, and other technical experts. The focus of this SOW, however, is on the rules governing the data and all associated data governance aspects. This includes helping the technical experts to understand the need for and value of data governance.
- The department, which houses K12 and AE data, is looking at how adult ed students fare once they graduate. In the Concurrent Enrollment arena, we are analyzing how well CE students do after completing their K12 education, how their results compare to non-CE students, etc. CDE will be combining data from the Department’s data stores with data from other agencies, Department of Labor (CDLE), Department of Higher Education (DHE), and Department of Revenue (DOR) to answer critical questions about educational outcomes. This requires close cooperation across multiple agencies in While there is already considerable data sharing across agencies in Colorado, there are no agreed upon universal data governance protocols. Nor are there accepted standards for exactly how to document agreements between agencies for the rules around the types of data, the protection of data shared and any combined data sets that may be created. Data Governance at the state is in its infancy, so CDE is committed to developing cross-agency data governance protocols and procedures that allow the SLDS grant to succeed, but also to remain aligned with other developing statewide efforts as much as possible.
- For this project, CDE not only requires an individual with strong knowledge of data governance and data management best practices, but also someone familiar with statewide processes around data governance.
SECTION 1.0 GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
- Contractor shall work closely and collaboratively with the Department’s Project Manager throughout the duration of the Purchase Order to discuss suggestions or issues and incorporate guidance from the Department while performing the work described within this Statement of Work.
- The Contractor shall alert the Project Director, when issues or potential risks are encountered that will affect the project.
- The Contractor shall submit detailed status reports or participate in weekly status meetings as required by the Department during the engagement.
- Contractor shall coordinate and prioritize all work to ensure that all deliverables and deadlines are met.
- Contractor shall employ an internal quality control process to ensure that all deliverables are complete, accurate, easy to understand, and of high quality.
- Contractor shall provide deliverables that, at a minimum, are responsive to the specific requirements of this Statement of Work, organized into a logical order, contain no spelling or grammatical errors, formatted uniformly, and contain accurate information and correct calculations.
- Contractor shall submit each deliverable to the Department’s Project Manager for review and approval.
- Contractor shall retain all work papers generated for reference through the duration of the project and project acceptance.
- Contractor shall participate in the review and revision process until the Department provides written acceptance of the deliverable.
- Contractor shall research, document, and share any documentation as requested by the Department.
- Contractor shall provide copies of any supporting documentation to the Department upon request of the Department and without charge.
- Contractor shall assist the Department with planning, scheduling, and facilitating meetings within CDE; with other State of Colorado Agencies; and with other states, as needed.
- Contractor shall serve as a subject matter expert (SME) and mentor for CDE designated employees.
- Contractor shall respond to all telephone calls, voice mails and e-mail inquiries from the Department within one business day.
- Contractor shall enable all Contractor staff to exchange documents and electronic files with the Department in formats compatible with the Department’s systems. The Department currently uses Microsoft Office 365.
- Additional consulting projects as requested by the Department.
SECTION 2.0 Provide expert data governance consulting services
- Contractor shall join the SLDS project team and interview all players to understand their level of knowledge of data governance, and to understand the current data governance status and needs for the SLDS project.
- All deliverables will be submitted in draft form to SLDS Project Director on the deliverable dates defined below. There will be 3 weeks allowed for CDE review and approval of draft plans. Plans are not limited to the plans defined below. There may be additional deliverables identified as the project progresses.
- The contractor shall provide a Contractor Support Plan to the Grant Project Director with recommendations on how the contractor can best support the team in data governance. This plan should include recommendations related to the standard best practice components of data governance, including:
3.2. Data ownership/stewardship
3.4. Key policies/procedures
3.6. Data Quality
3.7. Data Access
3.8. Data Security
3.9. Data Privacy, including governing data protection laws (Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act-FERPA, and Colorado’s Student Data Transparency and Privacy Act-SDTPA)
3.10. Data Sharing Agreements
3.11. Others as applicable
- The Contractor shall also deliver a Technology/Data Governance Coordination Plan to the Grant Project Director for approval, to emphasize how best to coordinate the technology workstreams with the data governance workstream. Note that this plan may be contained within the Contractor Support Plan as appropriate. This plan should:
- Provide recommendations on how Data Governance can assist the Grant Project Manager with coordinating the technical workstreams with the governance and management streams.
- Offer recommendations on how Data Governance can provide support to other agency partners and internal business partners to assist with the integration of technology, management, and governance decisions.
- Once draft Contractor Support and Technology/Data Governance Coordination Plans are agreed upon, Contractor shall submit a Data Governance Plan to the Grant Project Director for approval that, in addition to the agreed upon elements in 4.1, includes the items listed below:
- Suggested Data Governance operational management structure, including a DG Steering Committee, to include sub-committees as necessary to make all governance-related decisions. The steering committee will include representatives necessary to speak for all data to be included in the project (i.e., this will include other agency representatives). This should also include role definitions and if appropriate, recommendations on who should fill those positions.
- Recommendations on how best to incorporate data governance into the ongoing technology decisions being made regularly.
- Recommendations for Data Sharing Agreements, after reviewing current plans and documents in place.
- All suggestions shall be accompanied by associated timeline recommendations.
- Contractor shall participate in project team meetings, workstream meetings and others as necessary to fully understand project approach and progress.
- Contractor shall participate in regular progress meetings as requested by the Department. These meetings may be held in-person or remotely, at CDE’s request.
SECTION 3.0 Provide On the job training to data governance workstream members
- The Department’s Data Governance workstream team consists of a data privacy expert, an expert in CDE data and collection systems/rules, and CDE’s internal data governance coordinator. This team is well versed in internal data governance, but none have worked with cross-agency data governance. Contractor shall join this workstream group and work closely with these CDE employees. For the final SLDS solution to be sustainable, CDE employees must understand data governance and how it shifts from the project implementation phase to an ongoing operational phase.
- The intent is for the contractor to provide data governance services as needed throughout the grant period, from contract start to the end of the grant period. The federal grant is subject to yearly funding approvals, so could be terminated at any point. It also could be extended into 2024. This contract will require extensions for that to eventuate.
- Contractor shall share knowledge of data governance as required deliverables are developed and submitted. The data governance workstream members may also contribute to the work required for these deliverables, as time allows and as negotiated with Project Director.
- Contractor shall develop Data Governance Sustainability Plan and submit to Project Director for approval.
- Data Governance – Strong knowledge of data governance, data management best practices, and familiarity with statewide processes around data governance.
Proficient (4-6 Years)
****Referral Bonus Available: Refer your friends or colleagues, get referral bonus******
Apply here or Please send to email@example.com
Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter for daily active requirements
Position Keywords: data governance, data management best practices,,Data Quality,Data Access,Data Security
Pay Rate: DOE /If your experience and skills match call us immediately for submission
Job Duration: 15 Months
% Travel Required: None
Job Posted by: Consulting Services
Job ID: OOJ - 3239